 General / 24770
Re: brown minifigure head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:24:21 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

John Radtke wrote:

Did the blank black head on Boba Fett last year bring us a step closer?  I'm
curious - what color facial printing do people envision being used on a
black or brown head?  I have trouble picturing anything that looks
reasonable.  Anyone ever do a customizing job (that there are pictures of)?

Black printing would work ok on brown. A light color printing would have
to be used on black.

A question I've been thinking of now is what colors are heads available
in?

Unprinted:

Black, brown, yellow, trans yellow, clear (any missing?)

Printed - non-minifigure:

Clear (strawberries), trans dark blue (fish)

Printed - non-human:

Grey (Darth Vader), Black (Darth Maul, robot), Dark Grey (mummy), Blue
(insectoid), Trans orange (slips my mind), white (Gasgano, skeleton),
and all the one's I've missed

Printed - Human:

Yellow, white (skeleton)

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Ah yes, the minifig head color question rears its "ugly head" again.  :-)

Set # 215 (Big Head Red Indians) from 1977 has 1 old style (no hole in top)
minifig head without printing.  (This was the papoose head.)

Set # 277 (Big Head Fireplace Set) also from 1977 has 5 red old style minifig
heads and 4 black old style minifig heads, all without printing.  4 of the read
ones are used as the feet to the fireplace wood holder, one red one is used as a
vase on top of the fireplace.  The 4 black ones are used as the base to the
fireplace.  This is a Homemaker set.

I recently won 4 of these old red minifig heads on German EBAY.  They were part of
a Fireplace set.  They cost me $7.

I also recently won 13 regular clear old style minifig heads (they came from the
old Homemaker sets - used as the lower part of a clear coffee pot) on USA EBAY.
They cost me $20.

Gary Istok