 General / 24731
Re: brown minifigure head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 02:17:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Will Hess writes:

Tie pilots need a pressure tight environmental suit in case their hull is
breached.  OTOH having a pressure suit means that they wouldn't even need a
pressurized cabin in the first place.

Stormtroopers on the other hand wear unpressurized body armor (see how
easily Luke and Han remove their helmets in ANH).

My point was that neither the TIE Pilots nor the Stormtroopers wear outfits
that show any of themselves through to the outside.  Stormtroopers' necks are
covered by a black... uh, something.  I'm pretty sure that on the costume it
was a rubber/plastic ring, but in the story continuity it might be part of the
black "body glove" thing under the white armor.  In either event, it's covered,
so if the logic of the brown minifig head on the TIE Pilot is simply "it's
covered", well, then, the Stormtrooper should have a black head, too.

So I have trouble buying that explaination.

eric