 General / 24766
Re: brown minifigure head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:08:12 GMT

Will Hess wrote:
Tie pilots need a pressure tight environmental suit in case their hull is
breached.  OTOH having a pressure suit means that they wouldn't even need a
pressurized cabin in the first place.

Well, NASA sure seemed to think it was a good idea. Isn't the Space
Shuttle the first NASA manned launch vehicle which the crew is NOT in
pressure suits during launch (the Apollo missions at least started with
the crew wearing pressurized suits during launch - I couldn't quickly
confirm this for all launches, but I'm still pretty confident)?

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com