 General / 20163
Re: Mosaics (was: Re: New stuff at Legoland Kidvention)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:57:04 GMT

Mookie wrote in message <397305E9.83526C6B@worldnet.att.net>...
Will Hess wrote:

Then the applet makes the instruction
which you can (if I remember correctly) have for free, if you already • have
enough plates to make it.  Otherwise you can purchase a kit with all • the
pieces listed above.

If you have enough plates to make it. That's 2,304 1x1 plates to fill • up a
48x48 grid. Gulp.

So don't use plates!  1x1 BRICKS are the most plentiful part in any • bucket
or tub...and if you're like me you have MORE than enough of those :-)

NoNo!!! use 1x1 TILES! I'd pay for that in a heartbeat!!
Sounds like this is going to be interesting though, I'm looking forward
to it :)

Will

Are the ones you can buy made only of 1x1 plates, or is it a mix of sizes?
If there's a 2x4 area thats all black, does it use a 2x4 plate or 8 1x1's?
If i were buying it for the parts, i think I'd prefer a mix of sizes. And
they could use the baseplate as one color instead of putting the same color
plates on top of it, though I certainly hope they don't choose to do that.

Pat