 General / 20200
Re: Mosaics (was: Re: New stuff at Legoland Kidvention)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:13:34 GMT

You send in a photo and they will scan it and create a mosaic of your photo and
send you the correct number of 1x1 plates and a drawing of where to place them,
but here is the best part-- a *NEW* brick color!!  The mosaics will be white,
black, gray, dark gray, and .....*medium* gray.  A new shade of gray!  Woo-hoo!

Did anyone mention the 12" high minifig that will be for sale in time for
Christmas?

-John

John Gramley wrote:

In lugnet.general, Pat Burke writes:
Are the ones you can buy made only of 1x1 plates, or is it a mix of sizes?
If there's a 2x4 area thats all black, does it use a 2x4 plate or 8 1x1's?
If i were buying it for the parts, i think I'd prefer a mix of sizes. And
they could use the baseplate as one color instead of putting the same color
plates on top of it, though I certainly hope they don't choose to do that.

I am pretty sure that they will just be 1x1 plates, even for large fill
areas.  And I'm just guessing, but I imagine they won't use the baseplate
(which I believe is gray) as a color because then there would be
noticable "dips" in the picture.

John Gramley