 General / 20209
Re: Mosaics (was: Re: New stuff at Legoland Kidvention)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:45:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Todd Lehman wrote:

BTW, if you want to play around with making your own brick (or plate)
mosaics right now, LUGNET has a mosaic maker:

   http://www.lugnet.com/cad/mosaic/

--Todd

Todd,

I just wanted to tell you how great this application is!  It's by far the most
versatile that I've come across - I *love* being able to do away with the
dithering and have only large solid color areas, and the gamma correction factor
was invaluable ... it really reduced the need for a perfect picture, perfect scan,
etc., especially since photo-to-computer conversions aren't always what they might
seem to be.

Anyway, I tried it with a scanned picture of my wife, and it came out perfect!
Last night I sat down and put most of it together, and finished it up this
morning.  It was wonderful - a nice departure from my LEGO habits, since in this
case I know what all the pieces are, and it's just a matter of putting them
together.  Very puzzle-esque, and *extremely* enjoyable!  The final construct
measures 13.5 x 21.5, which is not insubstantial (I'm thinking of adding another
2x layer to make it closer to 13.9 x 21.5, which is pretty darn close to the
golden ratio - I'm a sucker for things like that!), and it looks great.  I'll be
taking some pictures of it soon, and getting them online, along with the original
picture for comparison.

Anyway, I just had to rave about it!  I highly recommend it to everyone!

-s