 General / 20079
20078  |  20080
Subject:
Mosaics (was: Re: New stuff at Legoland Kidvention)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 22:47:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
2) Lego Direct will offer a mozaic service in which you can send in a
picture which can be converted into a brick mozaic picture made of Lego
plates.  Instructions and pieces sent back.  No pricing given.  The
resolution is kind of low, so the image is not real great IMO.  A gray
scale picture example was shown.

...Woohoo! This could be fun :-) I could use about a bazillion
grey/dkgray/black plates
:-)

That sounds like great fun!  I hope the prices are reasonable!

BTW, if you want to play around with making your own brick (or plate)
mosaics right now, LUGNET has a mosaic maker:

   http://www.lugnet.com/cad/mosaic/

--Todd

p.s.  LUGNET's "Mosaic Maker" application is completely unrelated to anything
LEGO may or may not have planned.  Guessing by the types of mosaics they've
shown in various books over the years, I'm guessing they'll do dithering by
the method of rectangular ordered dithering rather than Floyd-Steinberg error-
diffusion dithering.