 General / 20083
Re: Mosaics (was: Re: New stuff at Legoland Kidvention)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:21:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
...Woohoo! This could be fun :-) I could use about a bazillion
grey/dkgray/black plates
:-)

There are actually 3 different gray colors (plus balck and white) used in
their sample mosaic.  It is a shade that is lighter than the regular gray.

That sounds like great fun!  I hope the prices are reasonable!

One of the Lego Media people said that they were expecting prices to be about
$35.  It includes a 48x48 baseplate, an instruction grid, enough 1x1 plates to
make the mosaic, some black slopes to make a frame, and a black 2x3 plate w/
hole to be used for hanging the picture.  The mosaic is built on the baseplate
so that what you see are the tops of the 1x1 plates.

The process for obtaining a mosaic is similar to Todd's in that you upload a
picture.  You then have the opportunity to do some simple resizing, cropping,
and other adjusting before you proceed.  Then the applet makes the instruction
which you can (if I remember correctly) have for free, if you already have
enough plates to make it.  Otherwise you can purchase a kit with all the
pieces listed above.

BTW, if you want to play around with making your own brick (or plate)
mosaics right now, LUGNET has a mosaic maker:
  http://www.lugnet.com/cad/mosaic/

This is a really great application, Todd!  It has a lot of great features.

John Gramley