 General / 20223
Re: Mosaics (was: Re: New stuff at Legoland Kidvention)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:50:03 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:
You send in a photo and they will scan it and create a mosaic of your photo • and
send you the correct number of 1x1 plates

Plates or tiles? We've heard both. I of course would prefer tiles, and in
fact, tiles may be cheaper for TLC since they use less plastic. However plates
may be what they go with since plates have studs which gives more of the "LEGO
effect".

1x1 *plates*

and a drawing of where to place them,
but here is the best part-- a *NEW* brick color!!  The mosaics will be white,
black, gray, dark gray, and .....*medium* gray.  A new shade of gray!
Woo-hoo!

Do we need a new shade between the current light and dark?

Any new color that isn't in the Belville/Scala color system (ie earth tones,
muted, etc;) is good!!!

If you think about
color distribution, I would say if you are using 5 colors, the new one needs
to be between the dark grey and the black. But I haven't done any color
matching work to check my theory.

Did anyone mention the 12" high minifig that will be for sale in time for
Christmas?

No, do tell.

No biggie, really.  It's just a scaled up version of a minifig (the one shown was
in the blue overalls and a red cap, but the person from Consumer Affairs said
that the particular fig hadn't been decided yet).  I did notice one new color for
an element-- for his hands they used the
http://lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/6005.gif in yellow (heads up,
Stangl, now you can build a *yellow* Blue Fury;)

Sorry, never thought to take pics:-(

-John

++Lar