 General / 12809
Re: Are they blind???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:31:10 GMT

Jonathan Little wrote:

Erin Windross wrote:

Are my parents blind?!
This Christmas I got NO I repeat NO Lego.

My story is a bit different. I wasn't expecting any Lego for Christmas. My
parents have been telling me for months that they don't know what I have,
need, or want and that they weren't going to get me any. However, they did
continually ask me what I wanted, and I always told them that I wanted gift
certificates to some store that sold Lego. That's the only thing I told
them. I had no luck, however. Not one gift certificate. Not one single 2x4
brick under the tree. I'm forced to wait until my birthday (which is about
six months away) and try again.

That's pretty much my story.  My NLSO said that she wasn't going to try and buy me a
set, because she didn't know what I had, needed, or wanted, and to be honest I could
probably get four or five for the same money in a few months anyhow.  Rather, I
canvassed for the things I can't choose well for myself--mostly clothing items that I
don't wear often (like sweaters and plaid flannel shirts, both of which I have a
knack for getting "wrong").  Lego is left for me to handle, and that I definitely
do--but at 2/3 off or more.  :)

best,

Lindsay