 General / 12799
Re: Are they blind???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 03:23:07 GMT

<snip>

Oh by the way, my partner and I are wondering if the Lego can ever leave the
house when the kids do, we thought our grandkids could come to our house and
play with this amazing collection that will by then span at least 50 odd
years! (as some of it is already 30 yrs old) How could we ever split that up!
We will be the coolest grandparents on the block! Granny and Grampa who spend
a lot of thier time collecting and playing with thier Lego!
Stay young!
And always remember your parents mistake, and vow to never make the same one -
Lego is for life!!!!

Rachel :-)

I've been wondering about this myself. As my children get older it will no longer
be possible to quietly "absorb" the Legos they get into my collection. Therefore,
there must be some ground rules established before they leave the house. My Legos
are staying with me. They are my hobby, and I've spent a lot of time (and money)
getting to the point where I can build what I want most of the time.  So when
they're old enough to realize it, the Legos that are "theirs" (through their own
purchases and gifts, etc.) will have to stay separate from "mine". That may sound
greedy, but they'll have to learn sometime that their father is a selfish,
small-minded little man looking after his own best interests :)

- Bret