 General / 12803
Re: Are they blind???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 05:24:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bret Kramer writes:

Rachel wrote:
<snip>

Oh by the way, my partner and I are wondering if the Lego can ever leave the
house when the kids do, we thought our grandkids could come to our house and
play with this amazing collection that will by then span at least 50 odd
years! (as some of it is already 30 yrs old) How could we ever split that • up!
We will be the coolest grandparents on the block! Granny and Grampa who • spend
a lot of thier time collecting and playing with thier Lego!
Stay young!

I've been wondering about this myself. As my children get older it will no • longer
be possible to quietly "absorb" the Legos they get into my collection. • Therefore,
there must be some ground rules established before they leave the house. My • Legos
are staying with me. They are my hobby, and I've spent a lot of time (and • money)
getting to the point where I can build what I want most of the time.  So when
they're old enough to realize it, the Legos that are "theirs" (through their • own
purchases and gifts, etc.) will have to stay separate from "mine". That may • sound
greedy, but they'll have to learn sometime that their father is a selfish,
small-minded little man looking after his own best interests :)

Yeah, I'll probably meet the same problem with my younger sis - her early lego
sets got lost in my big collection (there were some rare gems there, like the
pizzeria) and now that she's sort-of into lego, I don't know what we're gonna
do.
I'll have to see about that after her birthday (in ten days now). Me and my
older sisters bought her the Belville yacht, my parents bought her the Scala
sunshine home (all my campaign for a better, more enriched lego collection ;-)
and I wonder what'll happen.

And always remember your parents mistake, and vow to never make the same
one -
Lego is for life!!!!

I agree! Also about what Rachel said about the partner with hands and knees,
etc.!
My future (imaginary) family will all have scars from stepping on lego and
chipped fingers from seperating plates!  :-)

-Shiri