 Gaming / 1833
Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 02:28:27 GMT

In lugnet.gaming, Frank Filz wrote:
, it's small arms fire that is too effective.

I'm actually pretty seriously considering ditching ESPG and looking for a
different set of rules. I'm not convinced it's worth the effort to fix a
broken set of rules. There probably is a much better set of rules out there.

Frank

You might want to take a look at Flagship Games [Pirates!]  They are designed
for cast resin ships and 25mm figs, but the cannon count and physical ship size
is reasonably compatible with Lego ships.  But it's a straight battle game, not
a role-playing game.

<http://www.flagshipgames.com/Pirates!.htm>

There's also Peter Pig's [Pieces of Eight] rules, though the scales they are
designed for are not as conducive to straight adaptation to Lego.  They do have
ship battle and land campaigns, though.

I've been meaning to go back and develop my own rules again.  I kinda abandoned
it because SJ's used the exact same ship class method I was intending to use,
and I didn't want to reinvent the wheel if I didn't have to.

-->Bruce<--

-->Bruce<--