 Gaming / 1102
Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 16:51:50 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
On the other hand, games like D&D have way too many creatures. You
really shouldn't need more than a handful or two of humanoid type races,
and a handful of creatures would work fine (I never used very many
different creatures in Rune Quest for example).

Well, you're not supposed to actually use them all, though.  ;)  They have a
vast variety so you can choose which ones you want to give your settings more
of a real folklore/mythological feel.  Like an Arabian setting?  You can just
choose the genies and desert dwelling creatures.  Want an ancient British Isle
setting?  You've got plenty of creatures drawn straight from Celtic folklore to
choose from.  I really like having that variety to give settings atmosphere.
Now, if only I had a group to game with...  :(

Jeff