 Events / BrickFest / *2558 (-100)
  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Oh that is great John! I added you to my list, thanks. If you want you can bring a picture of the actual house, and please don't forget to fill out a MOC card at the BrickFest site. Janey "Red Brick" Micro Display Coordinator (URL) Micro MOC (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) I've got mine ready. 24 studs road frontage x 32 studs deep on a baseplate. (My house and yard). JB (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Excellent, I have marked that down, and I am looking forward to meeting you. Janey "Red Brick" Micro Display Coordinator (URL) Micro MOC Off!> (URL) BrickFest 2004 in Washington DC> (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Thanks for the fast reply. I'll try to work out some scale that'll suit the bricks I intend to use best. Given the limitations of the method of transport (a suitcase) write me down for one baseplate 32*32. Color will be lightgrey. (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Sounds Great! Well math is not one of my stronger suits so if anyone else wants to weigh in on this question, please go for it. As far as I know, "Micro-Scale" building has kind of covered various scales. For BrickFest we are trying to get (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Yes Bob, I plan on bringing my Micro (URL) MOC to BrickFest, as well as many other of my micro MOCs If you are looking for inspiration for your building project, check out micros from (URL) Ashley's> PDX display. Also check (URL) Sean's>, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Will be working on this as soon as 1000Steine Land 2004 is over. I first planned to bring my ISCC3 brewery with me, but due to size and transport issues I'll be making a microfig copy of it, which should fit in my bags. But what I'd like to (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Are you going to be bringing your Micro house MOC to said event, Janey? Bob (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

Just as a reminder, 47 days to BrickFest, and counting . . . Micro MOC Off! We are hoping that everyone that attends BrickFest can bring along a Micro for the Micro MOC Off, A Community Project Display at BrickFest 2004 in Washington DC. If you are (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest is coming!

I'm reposting this message to the events.BrickFest list so that everyone knows about this great opportunity. I'm sure there are others out there, just like me, who have an RCX set (found for a good price, or a gift, whatever the case...) and you (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) 3852 (...) all (...) really (...) I used a counting scale, so I only counted out a small number of them (50). As to why my count is off from the others posted, i'm not sure. I don't remember using many of them yet. If so, it would only be off (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) Thanks for the count. I'd be worried about somebody who actually counted 3852 bricks except I was one of the folks working on the wedding mosaic who put all the 1x1 bricks with the LEGO logo facing the same direction :-) Now I really want some (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  3CS at BrickFest at Washington DC

The Classic-Castle City Standard (3CS) at BrickFest at Washington, DC. Everyone loves the (URL) 3CS> Town, and already we are having a number of builders bringing many different items, both Houses and Wall Pieces, for it. To make it easier to tell (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) According to Doug Eaton (no relation) in our club, he bought 4 boxes of 2x4's containing exactly: 1202, 1261, 1214 and 1041 (...) I estimated my box of 1x2's at 4812 bricks, which is based on actually measuring out .. uh.. 3 or 4 loosely (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) So that comes out to about .027 cents a brick if you get 1x2 bricks, that's not a bad price, just over 1 cent a stud. jt (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) contains, (...) this (...) head (...) Approx. 1200 2 x 4 bricks (not verified). Exactly 3852 1 x 2 bricks (verified). The box measures 9" x 6.5" x 15.5" and they come approx. 3/4 full. Troy (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) For those of us still trying to get a feel for how much brick the K9 contains, could somebody give an estimate of how many bricks that would be? I know this is just a wild guess and I won't hold you to it but I'm trying to wrap my head around (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(URL) shows a pallet of K8s being unloaded at the LLCA Model Shop, as you can see, K8s are BIG. They have to turn the second one sideways just to fit them on the pallet. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) <snip> (...) Thank you for the clarification and making this correction. This would lead me to now say that the size of the "K9" is closer to 1/4 th of a K8. Christina Hitchcock BrickFest (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) Pick A Brick Questions Answered! Hello to everyone interested in Pick a Brick at the Potomac Outlet during Brickfest! I have done some homework and made a few phone calls to track down some answers to the things you guys wanted cleared up. The (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) I second that. I love that piece. And/or the smaller version: (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) Let me find out for you guys today. -Brian (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

"Christina Hitchcock" <chitchco@mail.gmu.edu> wrote in message news:HztHKB.241C@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I don't have a picture of a K9 but I have a couple old pictures of a K8 for reference. (URL) you can see, the K8 is visible on (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) Unfortunately, the source information I had to work with for this survey, was not sufficient for me to determine if it was new or old gray. Christina (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) I don't have a picture of a K9 but I think it is larger then that. does anyone else? Christina (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) lol... yes Jason... actually before I even knew that PAB might be in the store in time for BrickFest I made a specific inquiry about this piece.. and sadly. it was note an option... sorry. Christina P.S. Heck.. I'd like 3 K8 of this particular (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

"Marc Nelson Jr." <legomarc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hzsq9v.H52@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) K9? (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I hope not, that box is only about the quarter of the size of a K8. I suspect (based on Christina's (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) Christina- In the survey, any idea what "gray" means (new vs old, light vs dark)? And "dark gray" (since the survey also uses the term "new dark gray")? And what does brick 2x4 without a color mean? -Ted (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) I suspect it will only be elements that the store orders, based on the vote outcome, but I might be wrong. (...) Me too... A K9 (or 3) of that element would be very nice. I kick myself on a regular basis for not buying more of them in Billund (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) Oh, I'd go for that, too... I'm seriously considering registering for BrickFest even though I won't be able to attend -- just to get a chance at some of this Pick-a-Brick! JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) By any element you mean any in that list that we voted on yet? Otherwise I would be very keen on a K9 of this element. (URL) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) Is (URL) this> a K9? (URL) Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest

(...) ... (...) Christina, this is very exciting! Thanks for making it happen. Unfortunately, I've already taken the survey so the list of elements is no longer available to me. Would it be possible to show the survey choices after voting? Thanks (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Pick a Brick at BrickFest

Pick a Brick at BrickFest! As most AFOLs know, Pick a Brick is something that is available at the LEGO Brand Retail stores. A selection of LEGO parts are available in various quantities. This year, the Potomac Mills LEGO Outlet will be getting Pick (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Attention All Spacers, Spacettes, and Sci-Fi builders! Call for BrickFest Moonbase Modules Made!

Moonbase builders are requested to bring their modules to make a Moonbase complex at BrickFest 2004 at New Washington Base, located in the Sci-Fi Room. Moonbase construction trainees can go to the (URL) Moonbase site> for construction specifications (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Spaceport Hailing Frequencies Open!

The BrickFest Space Coordinator is now opening a channel for incoming spacers to BrickFest 2004. All those coming or planning to come please respond to this post. The.Space Paparazzi will be the Coordinator, and he has some ambitious plans for the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) -- Thanks Christina for helping with this! -- Some observations: Kids don't seem to count in the room pricing scheme, so we had no trouble asking for 2 adults + 2 kids and getting the 2 adult rate with 2 double beds. We did have a problem (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

In lugnet.events.brickfest, James Trobaugh wrote: snip (...) I'm trying to fix everything now. (I didn't expect so many people to be reserving rooms on Thursday. I guess we will be kicking off the festivities early then planned. The Hilton had (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) Thanks Jeff, I forwarded your note to the the Hilton rep. and hope to hear back soon. Christina (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) I've left a message with my contact. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more info. Christina (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) Is this rate only good on single bed rooms? I couldn't get it to work with a double bed room. jt (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) OnLine it appears that the Convention Code is only available for 2 people with a single Bed....?? So I tried it with 3 people, double Bed and got this message: "Please note that the group rate you requested is unavailable. Available rates are (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest Hotel info

I’m please to announce that arrangements have been finalized with the Hilton Arlington & Towers. 950 N. Stafford Street, Arlington VA 22203 located just 0.6 Miles from GMU. Hilton Arlington & Towers has a block of guestrooms reserved for BrickFest (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes...

(...) Yes, I'm with JT here... We really need some train sessions folks! Robin Werner (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Mosaic Event

(...) SNIP (...) Any idea when the roster will be posted? -Rob. (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes...

(...) I think that would be a great idea. Those clubs that can't physically bring a table could put together some documentation explaining their designs. Anyone want to take on this and organize a session on Train Club tables? jt (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Gaming at BrickFest!

Admiral Filz reporting on the status of gaming with LEGO bricks at BrickFest 2004! We have an exciting lineup of activities already scheduled, but there's room for more. If you are interested in coordinating a game that uses LEGO bricks, please fill (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes...

On 22:46 06/14/2004, James J. Trobaugh wrote (...) We were talking about how many tables to bring and a topic idea came up (I do not want to actually present it :-) How about a short session on display tables. Building tips from size to height. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest 2004 Announces Dirty Brickster Event

BrickFest 2004 Announces Dirty Brickster Event Dirty Brickster is a fun and exciting event where each participant contributes an unopened LEGO Related Item worth approximately $10.00 in value. Each contribution is wrapped in gift-wrap or some (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes...

(...) Think we could have a list of the presentations that are already submitted? This will aide in preventing overlap or the filling in of gaps. -Orion (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes...

(...) Yeah come on folks we need some good Train sessions. So if you can present one or have an idea for one lets here it. jt (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes...

BrickFest 2004 Sessions Notes... A friendly reminder... The submittal deadline for BrickFest sessions is coming Friday, July 2, 2004. The best time slots are filling quickly, so if you’re planning on presenting a session you should sign up soon at: (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Re: Cheap hotels

(...) Me! Especially if there's no limit to how many people we can stuff into a room :) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Cheap hotels

(...) Hello All, Some of you may have tried to enter your contact info into the (URL) Find a Roomie / Find a Ride> page on the BrickFest website. So sorry, but it was not collecting information. It is now, so please try again. Christina (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Cheap hotels

(...) ME! Hilton is a good bit higher this year than last. a discount would rok ~^- (URL) ~^- Admiral Giddens <>< (URL) space. ~^- (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Cheap hotels

(...) Definitely interested. -jeremiah- (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Cheap hotels

(...) I'm responding and interested! Joe (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Cheap hotels

(...) Oh and for those of you already registered fore BrickFest and looking for roommates. Please use the web resource. (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Cheap hotels

(...) I should have an update for you tomorrow about this. I wellcome a show of hands (well, an e-mail) from those interested in getting a room for $89 dollars a night for BrickFest. Please respond here. Christina Hitchcock (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Cheap hotels

Does anyone have information regarding inexpensive hotels in the DC area that would work for coming to BrickFest this year? I can fly there and back for $181 but the room rates near GMU are killing me. :-) John Hansen (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

Hello, I will be heading up this year's LTC container swap. If your club is interested in participating, please have a club representative e-mail me with your club affiliation and information. Also e-mail me a list of container cars that your club (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: Brickfest 2004 Animation Contest announcement

New information and details about the animation contest have been posted to the brickfilms.com web site: (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.animation)

  BrickFest 2004 Mosaic Event

BrickFest attendees will witness the on-site assembly of a 21 panel LEGO mosaic featuring the image of the Capitol Building. In the tradition of the team building challenges at BrickFest and other AFOL events, BrickFest 2004 is no exception. I'm (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us) !!

  Re: BrickFest 2004 Event-Graphic

(...) Hi, Here's what I came up with today. I'm excited after so many years in LUGNET (#95!) to finally/possibly contribute something up my alley to the community. If these look cool I'll send along the 300dpi versions. I was also hoping for LUGNET (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Micro Moc Display and Contest

(...) Excellent Christina, I am looking forward to seeing your Micro Moc at BrickFest. I think that bringing along pictures would be a great idea for anyone that would like to do that, which will give others a chance to see the direct results of the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: BrickFest Micro Moc Display and Contest

(...) Christina Hitchcock (20 years ago, 2-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: Volunteer needed for container swap BFDC2004

(...) Huh What.... I just cam across this... Did you still need a volenteer? Jeff VW (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2004 Event-Graphic

The BrickFest™ Committee invites the designers and artists of the community to submit graphic ideas/artwork for the Official BrickFest 2004 Event Graphic, which will commemorate the 5th Anniversary of BrickFest in Washington, DC. The selected (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Announcing the MOCC

My Own Castle Competition. We are hereby happy to announce the official castle-building competition for the Castle Room at BrickFest 2004. The competition is pretty straightforward, but a lot can be done with it. It is the hope of the BrickFest 2004 (...) (20 years ago, 31-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.western, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests) !!

  Re: Is BrikWars Dead?

(...) 2 things: 1. Not everyone wants to spend the time on writing up every battle. I know from hearsay and reading gaming.brikwars that there have been recent battles. NELUG is right now discussing organising another one. 2. Come to BrickFest this (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  (canceled)

  Re: Containers!

(...) I believe we have a volunteer to coordinate this. Details are being finalised. Please stay tuned for an announcement. I would prefer not to say who has volunteered, let them make the announcement themselves. There may be a commemorative (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Containers!

(...) Is this going through? LOWLUG is currently working on containers and we would love to swap containers at BrickFest DC. As we need to order parts to build these we'd like to know in advance how many containers (and sticker sets for people who (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

The BrickFest Committee is calling upon club members attending BrickFest to submit their club logos and URL to BrickFest for inclusion in the Participating Clubs section on the side bar on the home page. The web logo button size is 88 x 31 pixels. (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events) !!

  Re: Brickfest Micro Moc Display and Contest

(...) Excellent Erik, nice work on both scales. Looking forward to seeing those micro-scaled creations at BrickFest. Janey "Red Brick" (URL) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.ancient)

  BF04 Castle room

Hello all, I will be helping in organizing the castle room this at BF 04, and I hope to help make it the most memorable and successful Castle Room so far. I've already been brainstorming with some other sturdy fellows well known in the AFOL (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Micro Moc Display and Contest

Hi, I've been building a lot of ancient theme stuff in micro-fig scale. I'm planning on bringing some to Brickfest. Micro-fig scale is fun because you get something built quickly. I am currently working at scaling up one micro MOC. The finished (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.ancient)

  A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ DC 2004

A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ DC 2004 One of the key parts of activities at BrickFest™ is a chance to share your knowledge and experiences, and learn from each other. So, once again we would like to offer an invitation to all individuals, Groups (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Brickfest Micro Moc Display and Contest

This is your chance to get creative, without breaking the Lego budget. It's my pleasure to let you know about the Micro Contest and Display! I'm calling out to ALL builders . . . The ideas are endless, but here is a bit of food for thought... (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: Brickfest 2004 Animation Contest announcement

Crosspost to .announce and XFUT to lugnet.events.brickfest. (...) Thanks, Robert, for posting this on behalf of Josh. This is exciting news and it sounds like the team has selected a great theme! I hope we'll see lots of great entries... I look (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Volunteer needed for container swap BFDC2004

(...) Jeff, are you gonna just stand there and be nominated like that?! Avoid work like the plague! Because if you don't, I'm gonna nominate you to organize rtlToronto16, 17 and train7. :) Calum (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Volunteer needed for container swap BFDC2004

I nominate Jeff VW... -Rob (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Most definitely :-) I try to pull only one catastrophe per year ;-) -TJ (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Bringing MOCs to BrickFest Help

I've spoken with a few people (thanks to Frank & Eric) out there who have brought MOCs to BF to get ideas as to how to bring one of mine (yea, it would be a bridge). Most of the bridge could be put into two suitcases but some parts are just a wee (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for Group Train Layout at BrickFest™ 2004

(...) Do not contact Larry, please contact me James Trobaugh. That dang "clipboard inheritance" gets me again, doh! jt (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Call for Group Train Layout at BrickFest™ 2004

Call for Group Train Layout at BrickFest™ 2004 Once again we would like to extend an invitation to all individuals, LEGO® train clubs or clubs that organize other displays with trains in them to set up a display at BrickFest™. For those of you who (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Thanks! I've not heard from Doug lately. I'll have to check with him on Brickfest. (...) A one time event? (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

I'll contribute Jama and we can have it follow a series of commands, or I'll rig up the controls you gave me plus some control centers for people to use to control the robot. We'll bring what we have of the SSClagorpion, plus Kevin Clague's (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Give Doug and Kevin several display tables, require that one of those guys be present to operate stuff, and you could entertain large crowds all weekend :-) (...) :-) A "crane-crashing" would be a spectacular event. Certainly a crowd-pleaser. (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) Woo-Hoo!!! (...) John, that sounds like an excellent idea, especially considering that in the past, the Technic/Mindstorms theme has been shoved off into a small room upstairs at GMU. (Of course, I understand the situation and the space (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Less then 3 months till BrickFest

BrickFest, the largest AFOL event in North America, is three months away. Registration for the event opened over a week ago, with many people already registering and planning to attend the Fest. (URL) year marks the 5 anniversary of BrickFest. From (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events) !!

  (canceled)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) ... (...) Most of the stuff in the Tech/Mind room requires the builder to operate it. But, with all the other stuff going on, we want to get out and look around, like everyone else. While a lot of it looks pretty cool just sitting still, it's (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

This years BrickFest in DC is going to be "the best so far". To make that happen, the organizers are interested in new ideas for things you'd like to see happen. As usual, I am concentrating on the Technic and Mindstorms end of things and there are (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest™ Registration now online

(...) <snip> (...) Jude (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest™ Registration now online

(...) Fixed, and thank you! Christina (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest™ Registration now online

(...) SNIP The links page needs an update. The facility description under 'more info' still lists the Portland venue. -Rob. (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest™ Registration now online

BrickFest™ Registration form is now available via the website. BrickFest 2004 August 13-15th Washington, DC (URL) Registration will be a bit different this year. If you registered and attended BrickFest PDX, your account may already be set up. If (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.games, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build.schleim) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact