 Events / BrickFest / 2491
Re: BrickFest Micro Moc Display and Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:15:02 GMT

In lugnet.announce, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
This is your chance to get creative, without breaking the Lego budget.
It's my pleasure to let you know about the Micro Contest and Display!

I'm calling out to ALL builders . . . The ideas are endless, but here is a bit of food for thought... Consider building a micro version of your home, or workplace.  Maybe the home of your dreams, or your favourite place to shop, dine, or party.  Into trains? How about a tiny version of your favourite train? Into planes, boats . . . our town won't be complete without a micro version of those.  Town builders . . . how about a micro version of one of the building you will be displaying?  Prefer scenery, structures, landmarks? Mini Mocs of castles will give our town some historical appeal.   Why not grab a few bricks and see what you come up with!

                 Join us in the Micro-Scaled Town Project.
All the creations will be displayed together, so think BIG, but build small
(keeping in mind that in our micro-scale town, a "fig" is the size of a 1 x 1
round.)

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with, let's see how BIG of a micro
town we can build!

All submissions will be part of the Micro MOC Off Contest.  To see more info
about being a part of the display or contest please check out
http://www.bmts.com/~bccook/micromoc.htm and let me know what you will be
bringing so it can be fit into the overall display.

Sincerely
Janey "Red Brick"

Want to know more about BrickFest, visit http://dc.brickfest.com/index.php

I've wanted to do this project for a long time and I finally got around to building my town house this past weekend.   So count me in. I'll have a MOC for this display.  Also I'm wondering, for those of us that are modeling our MICRO creation after existing buildings..  should we bring pictures too?

Christina Hitchcock