 Trains / 22997
Re: Containers!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 18:37:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Given that there are a few gaps in your collection and in ours, it is time
for me to suggest that we organise a formal Container Swap (and sticker swap
for those that want to do that) at BrickFest DC 2004.. We tried to do it
informally at BrickFest PDX 2004, because I could not secure a volunteer, and
it did not work very well... M>LTC took a lot of their containers home again
for lack of trading partners, which is really a shame.

SO how about it, anyone willing to volunteer to coordinate this? It's not
hard work at all, and there are spreads and etc to help you manage it already
floating around.

Further, a commemorative container would be nice, along with an ILTCO
container... I did the parts acquisition for the commemorative at DC, (and
Rob Hendrix did awesome stickers) and it worked out great... a volunteer for
that would also be awesome...

Is this going through?
LOWLUG is currently working on containers and we would love to swap containers
at BrickFest DC. As we need to order parts to build these we'd like to know in
advance how many containers (and sticker sets for people who just want to swap
those) we need to bring.

I believe we have a volunteer to coordinate this. Details are being finalised.
Please stay tuned for an announcement. I would prefer not to say who has
volunteered, let them make the announcement themselves.

There may be a commemorative container as well

Larry Pieniazek
Display Coordinator
BrickFest 2004
August 13-15 Arlington VA