 Dear LEGO / 5472 (-20)
  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Ahem That warning label should read: ** Warning: Blatant TOS violation follows ** </tweak> JOHN (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Chris- ** Warning: Self-serving blantant promotional plug follows ** Well, we have 84,000+ new Technic bricks in stock in our BrickLink store, the most of any BrickLink store. -Ted Michon Blue 2x4 Bricks (18 years ago, 7-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Indeed, and I believe it already has been touched on there. And I believe any discussion of your assertion will end without consensus, as I believe there is little if any advantage either way. I still prefer using mostly studded bricks, but my (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Here's some irony - Town Jr. is what brought me out of my 3rd Dark Ages all those years ago when it first came out. I bought almost all of them because they were readily available in stores. The race car transporter, the construction vehicle (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) My assertion about the relative merits of studded/studless beams would not have an easy proof, but it might make interesting fodder for the .technic newsgroup. (Congratulations on your new curatorship, BTW!) I welcome the opportunity to (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) I understand the word "enthusiasm" fits very nicely here, but what does "professionalism" as "a fan" means really? "I'm a professional fan of lego...yes, the famous toy intended mostly for children up to 12 years old..." "I'm a profeesional (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Here is a list of possible subjects for your upcoming dear lego posts. I just want to help, since I missed many of them during my absence, too, and still sorry for not being there for sharing. 1. The Colors Medium Stone and Dark Stone. 2. Blue (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Indeed they are, but the answer as I see it has been touched upon many times before - the LEGO system is constantly changing. It has always been changing, I don't see many sets with (URL) these> or (URL) these> in them any more. (...) Again, (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Having purchased the set online, no I did not have that luxury. I wanted to get an NXT, I am satisfied with that purchase, and I believe I made that clear in my original post. But I wonder why all the smooth surfaces? Why is there no way to (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Chris, not wanting to sound rude, but did you open the front flap to find the parts list right there on the box before you decided to pay good money for it? Assuming you did, you obviously still felt the set was worth the price you paid, even (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX) !

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) And can you bring back 1x2 bricks while you're at it? If you looked around you would notice that studded technic is still alive and kicking. I guess that would (and has) kind of damaged your whinge and I'm sure I'll be called a troll for (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Yes, I notice that you snipped my original statement, which apparently I need to parse for your benefit: "On a recent trip to my local LEGO Retail store, I asked the employees if there were any sets with studded Technic beams, and they didn’t (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) For smaller length Technic bricks I have found Star Wars sets to be pretty useful, with the added benefit that they often contain many other useful bricks as well. Even Harry Potter sets seem to use quite a few. ROSCO FUT: .dear-lego (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Thanks for the timeline. I'd assumed that the events you'd included in your post occured in the order that you'd given them and didn't allow for full sequence of events. (...) The tone? I repeated two comments you'd made, questioning them (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) You should be grateful anyone responds to your blithering at all. Seems to me everyone else moved on from the studless whinge ages ago, and apparently don't particularly want to go there again. This thread lost relevance after the first post, (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Richie, I don't know why you would assign an arbitrary and incorrect timeline to events which you did not personally witness. Enter LEGO Retail, ask sales associate which current Technic sets include "classic studded Technic beams." Clerk (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Allister, You are getting somewhat off-topic for both this newsgroup and this thread. Perhaps you would like to bring your fascinating insights over to a more relevant newsgroup where we can all ignore you in peace? FUT: (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) So there you were, with an armful of Pick-a-Brick cups and a copy of Creator set 4956 in your sweaty little hands and you then asked for a set with studded technic beams? And when someone pointed out to you a set that met your request, you (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) whinge whinge whinge. It's not even a new whinge. The studdless 'debate' has been ongoing for years as far as I can tell. What's next? A whinge about Town Junior? (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Actually, I'd like to see your analysis of that statement. (...) I prefer to think of them as "challenges" rather than "roadblocks". (...) I'm not even sure studs CAN be trademarked. But their trademark logo is prominent on the front. (...) (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact