 Dear LEGO / 5455
Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 01:41:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Chris Phillips wrote:
   That is good advice, well-received, but which is sadly getting very hard to follow. On a recent trip to my local LEGO Retail store, I asked the employees if there were any sets with studded Technic beams, and they didn’t even know what I was talking about. Eventually someone showed me 7905 which, despite being hidden far away from all the other Technic offerings, was almost completely sold out. (Only one copy left in the whole store.) The model looks great, and I almost bought it, except that I already had an armful of Pick-a-Brick cups and a copy of Creator set 4956 in my sweaty little hands by that point. I might be back there tomorrow, so maybe I’ll have another chance to vote with the old wallet. (Voting with my feet for the past 2 years doesn’t seem to have done much good.)

So there you were, with an armful of Pick-a-Brick cups and a copy of Creator set 4956 in your sweaty little hands and you then asked for a set with studded technic beams?

And when someone pointed out to you a set that met your request, you almost bought it?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Richie Dulin