 Dear LEGO / 3940
Re: Poor Service to Toy Shops = No Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:10:37 GMT

When I saw this thread, I remembered a series of conversations I had with a
lego store manager.[1] Here is a summerized version of it:

-------------Week 1: Tuesday

HER: Hello, Lego (TYPE) Store, (LOCATION).  How may I help you?

ME: I'm am interested in (#XXXX SET NAME)[2].  Would you have any in stick?

HER: No, but our next freight, a week from Thursday, there are a ton coming in.

ME: Okay, thanks.

-------------Week Two: Thursday

HER: Hello, Lego (TYPE) Store, (LOCATION).  How may I help you?

ME: Yes, I was interested in this item (#XXXX SET NAME) last week and you
said that you would have it in with today's shipment.  I would like to
purchase it.

HER: Yes, we didn't get in a shipment today. (Then under her breath...)
Though we were supposed to.

ME: Well then, when do they come in?

HER: Hopefully soon.

ME: Okay, Thanks.

-------------Week Three: Monday

HER: Hello, Lego (TYPE) Store, (LOCATION).  How may I help you?

ME: Yes, I was interested in this item (#XXXX SET NAME).  Would you happen
to have it in?

HER: Hi again sir, not yet.

ME: Okay.

-------------Next two weeks: various days.

Simalar conversations...

-------------Week 5: Monday

HER: Hello, Lego (TYPE) Store, (LOCATION).  How may I help you?

ME: Yes, I was interested in this item (#XXXX SET NAME).  Would your frieght
have happened to come in?

HER: No. We are out of stock almost everything and we are approching the
holiday weekend.  I am very upset.

ME: Why?

HER: They cancelled my order, it never left the DC.  That is bad enough, but
they didn't tell me so I am here without anything, and I am still a week
away from my re-ordered shipment.

ME: Why has corporate Lego shrugged you guys over there?

HER: I dunno but my guess is they care more about Wal-Mart then they do us.

ME: Money controls this world, doesn't it?

HER: Yes it does.  By the way, Jeremy[3], the item you wanted we wont get
in, they dispersed all them out, sorry.

ME: Hey, it wasn't your fault.  Hope you get in your fright.

HER: Thanks, bye.

----------------Morale of this story:

Lego doesn't even have good support for thier own stores.

We must lament for the small stores everywhere and succomb to the dread of
lego only at Wal-Mart and the likes...

Jeremy

[xfut: dear-lego]
I was following Suz lead but left it in .l.d because I believe the Lego
stores are run by LD.

[1] I always talk to her because the alternative is a staff member who's
voice I cannot understand and who hasn't a clue about the Lego line.  (To
Him, Arctic is "weenter sets")

[2] One of those sets that chain stores no longer carry but Lego still sells
in smaller stores and online. (In other words... there were lots of them
available at the time.

[3] She learned my name during this ordeal.