 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4576
Re: Poor Service to Toy Shops = No Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 02:42:39 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Greg Howell writes:
I have also begun to wonder if TRU is no longer on Lego's favorites list. I can
go to TRU and find nothing then across the street to Target and they will have
new items as well as a good selection of old. Perhaps TRU sells out faster than
Target, but it doesn't seem that way.
Target had the full line of "Attack of the Clones" sets three weeks before I
saw one item at TRU...strange.

GREG~

I Know TRU's do not get their stock directly. Everything TRU sells first
goes to a central wherehouse and is distributed by truck to each store from
there. So maybe thats why there is a delay?

But I always hear of new sets at Wal Mart long before I see them at my local
TRU and Target. And Target will get them before the TRU. I really do not
mind, I can usually get sets fairly fast at Legoland, CA - but latley it
seems they have lagged on some items, which is very surprising. Maybe Lego
is giving Legoland problems? LOL - now that would be classic.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com