 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4574
Re: Poor Service to Toy Shops = No Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:56:37 GMT

Wow, I though it was just us...

I work in a retail collectables shop. While we don't carry lego, our main
buisness over the last few years has been high quality diecast model racing
cars. What's interesting is how our fights with suppliers parallels Toy shops
problems with Lego. We have constant wars with our suppliers over shipping and
release dates, quantity ordered versus quantity shipped, etc...
  We are a magor online retailer in out market and we can get no slack from the
manufacturers who make our best selling lines, it's just funny.

This, may explain why a local toy/hobby shop that I frequent had a big Lego
sale and has fazed out the line in their store. I went nuts during the sale,
but haven't bought anything since, due to the fact that they haven't restocked.
I will have to ask if this is why they dropped the line.

The biggest frustration I have is with TRU and the fact that their Lego shelves
are vitualy empty for eight months of the year. Only when new items come out is
their any product in the Lego isle. They must sell the stuff, but they don't
seem to restock with any consistancey. Anywhere esle in the store the shelves
are full, but the Lego area looks like a picked carcass, do you suppose that
TRU has the same distrobution issues as smaller shops?

I have also begun to wonder if TRU is no longer on Lego's favorites list. I can
go to TRU and find nothing then across the street to Target and they will have
new items as well as a good selection of old. Perhaps TRU sells out faster than
Target, but it doesn't seem that way.
Target had the full line of "Attack of the Clones" sets three weeks before I
saw one item at TRU...strange.

GREG~