 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4568
Re: Anyone know just what the "conditions" for having an account are?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:49:04 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <3CF9C907.9010502@tpgi.com.au>...
I understand there is a set of rules for being able to order wholesale
from TLC, anyone know what they are?

When I investigated this (in Canada) the restrictions were that you had to
sell the sets as sets (no breaking up and selling parts), they had to be
sold through "normal retail channels" (ie a storefront), no online sales,
and no sales outside Canada. The conditions may vary slightly from country
to country.

There were no requirements to order certain sets or lines (although there
was a "suggested" list for different sizes of store) and no minimum order
after the first one, which was a minimum of CN$1000.

Given the not-wonderful wholesale discount (varying around 30%), the fact
that you had to pay them GST, and that you have to pay for shipping to your
location, and that they don't guarantee you'll get what you order OR when
you'll get it, it never seemed worthwhile to me.

Kevin
NEW shopping mall kit, 1328 pieces!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-mall.htm
TOWN Lego Building contest results: