 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4570
Re: Poor Service to Toy Shops = No Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 00:18:39 GMT

this must be the case world wide i am suprised more independant retailers
don't drop lego as a line.In Australia we are told we can't sell via the net
we have to place minimum orders and we must reach a set purchase level each
year to keep our accounts open. We are told that all retailers receive the
same pricing and priority's but then k-mart or big-W sell there lego below
cost after it has been on the self a week. I beleive it is the independant
shops who are subsidising the larger chains as we pay more and make less,
Where the larger chains pay less and make more. Lego really needs to
re-think its strategies to keep smaller shops happy too, it would be kinda
nice to get a half price set deal like the major chains from time to time.I
have been operating for two years and still haven't seen a rep , not that i
need to i think i know as much as a rep about lego anyway!!!.In
lugnet.lego.direct, Rose Regner writes:
I went by our local (favorite) toy store yesterday. They have always carried
a great selection of Lego and generally carried some shop at home only sets.
There was NO LEGO. They had dropped all Lego from their store!

I asked them why, didn't the Lego sell? No, the Lego sold very well but
their ordering service was TERRIBLE. They constantly had orders canceled, so
they would have to continually reorder (the same orders that had been
canceled). Orders were erratically filled and it was too difficult to deal
with Lego the company.

I find this very disturbing and I hope Lego looks into their ordering
service to retail shops. This store is very successful and as I stated
before they always carried a large line of Lego.

Where are the customer reps? Oh yeah, they only see him once a year. Why is
your ordering system so antiquated and cumbersome? I don't remember all the
specifics of the problems they had but I sure hope that someone in Lego
cares. The store is The Children's Store located in Boise, ID.

They didn't drop your product due to expense, lack of sales or product
quality. They dropped the line due to poor service and a difficult ordering
system. I find this very sad.

Rose