 Dear LEGO / 2974
Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 21:50:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Santosh Bhat writes:
If MegaBlok make sets and pieces that we're after (and it seems they are
able to make them cheaper too), not only will we treat them with the same
respect, we'll go out and buy their products!

Speak for yourself.

So we should welcome them into
this discussion group, but of course bearing in mind that they are a brand
other than Lego.

I would only welcome them into this discussion group (LUGNET, outside of
O-T.clone..that's what its for - note the off topic) if they are challenging
LEGO to make better products.  I think LEGO needs the heat turned up on them
for some things, and they need to understand that someone else is making
what people want to see LEGO make.  They need to realize there's a potential
threat to their marketshare, not to other types of toys but to a competitor
in the construction toy business.

Still, I will personally not stoop to the level of buying MegaBloks.  And,
at every turn, I'll fight the 'they're all lay-gohz' sentiment a lot of
consumers have.

xpost .dear-lego

-Tim