Re: CW Questions (Was: A thought about some CW issues that may emanate.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 04:13:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Matt Brooks writes:

<<Matt's idea on realm placement snipped>>

I, for one, don't see why any number of thes ideas we've come up with
couldn't be implemented at once. Even if there was one, single "checker
board" map which gave geographic locations to all the realms, why can't
we also have a Wod Between the Worlds, AND a million Portals linking
everything between here, there, and everywhere? Wouldn't that be one of
th emost creative things we could do?

Mattexl

I agree. There are people who like the idea of the map and the interactivity
that it provides. There are also people who would prefer creating their own
separate worlds with the greater freedom that approach provides. Then I am
sure there are those who could care less about storytelling and would just
like to share their Lego castle creations with others. I don't see why all
three groups couldn't be accommodated by Castleworld.

I've also noticed that the question of what should go in the center of the
Castleworld map still seems unresolved. Craig has said some sort of vortex
would be in the center and recently Pawel was talking about the need for a
central meeting place (although I'm not sure he meant for it to be located in
the center of the map). Anyway, after a couple of days of thinking about the
above issues I came up with the following:

In the center of Castleworld lies a vortex in the middle of which resides the
mystical Great Library of Castleworld. Using magic portals balladeers travel
not only to the myriad realms of Castleworld, but also to other magical
worlds, collecting stories to become part of the Library archives. The Great
Library is overseen by the Castleworld "mascot", the Master Librarian.

Here is how it would work: When you first log on to Castleworld you are
greeted by the Master Librarian and have your choice of several links:

    1)Balladeers: i.e. the members page.

    2)Castleworld archives: takes you to the Castleworld page where you can
access the map, balladeer's stories, etc.

    3)Otherworlds archives: takes you to the Otherworlds page where you can
access stories that take place in worlds not found on the Castleworld map.

    4)Castle Creations (for lack of a better term): here you can find the
creations of people who don't want to tell stories, but would like to share
their latest Lego masterpiece.

    5)Bestiary: from sheep to centaurs, here you can find all sorts of
creatures both mundane and magical (and wouldn't it be cool if there were
instructions on how to make them so balladeers could populate their
worlds/realms with the appropriate fauna).

    6)Other links: like info about Castleworld, FAQ, etc.

Whaddya think? Would this work? Would it be desirable? Is this idea good, bad,
or just plain ugly?

Ken

P.S. Matt, I thought your idea on a MTG realm placement were excellent.