Re: A thought about some CW issues that may emanate.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:48:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, John Carroll writes:

Hello,  I was wondering how do you travel between realms?  is CW a planet
that has tons of contenents with each realm on part of a contennt, where
chars can walk or ride or swim or travel by boat to the other realms?

Castle World is one world with many realms/domains/kingdoms.  It's a shared
world with no real central force or rules(for magic or disputes).  It was
pretty much made to facilitate the telling of stories.  When you join Castle
World, you are just saying that you want your creations and stories to exist
in the same world as the other members' creations.  Portals are just there to
help characters or whatever get from realm to realm; to travel great distances
in mere moments (you know, like 500,000 studs in a split second) =).  You
really don't need a portal to find your way in someone else's realm.  Just
contact the person who's realm you want to visit, or have in your story, and
maybe you can decide it's just a half a day's walk to it.  Everything's open.

What if Each realm was its own planet or univese and each realm was onnected
via a portal (I saw a really cool fire portal idea here a couple of months
ago) to the univerise hub where you would see all the other portals.  That
would take care of continuity like magic rules and why two different armies
are so similar (The evil crusaders in one realm compared to the helpful
crusadrs of another) . . . And the portal could play a large or small role
in each relm, it might be lost in some realms.

Well Just a thought,  kinda reminds me of slider as I review my msg.

BTW I hope to join CW soon.  I now have two teams of 5 adventurers and 3
armies.  The kings' army 58 strong.  the noble's "armiy" 56 strong if they
could just agree on anything  or stop fighting with eah other.  and the
undead/demon army 18 strong Not to powerful yet but they can take on an
individual noble. I will be joining once I get a Digital cam. and pick a
sig-fig,narrowed down to 4 now ;)

John

Cool!  Another member!  Just send your stuff in and any discriptions you have.
=)

~Nathan