Re: CW Questions (Was: A thought about some CW issues that may emanate.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:40:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Doug Dropeskey writes:
Going back to the grid...  Who decides what realm goes where?  How many
squares on the checkerboard can one person control?  How does a person
expand to take more squares?  Doug, do you really need to ask all these
annoying questions?  Can two (or more) people take control of a square based
on some agreement between them?  Even if it is not adjacent to their
existing realms?  Can a person write rules for his or her realm and then
open it up to other players?  Can a player subdivide and sublease his or her
square?  Does having a border with someone really mean anything (given
portals and POOF!!--you're there magic stuff)?  (For example, if I put a
lush forest against my north border, can my neighbor put a desert on the
other side?)  Does a square have an absolute size?  (Are we talking worlds,
continents, counties, or what?)  And the big one:  how *much* tech is
allowed?  :)

My question is, why must Castle World have any set map?  If I want to have a
lake, a mountain, and a forest in my realm, am I going to be prevented from
doing so because my particular grid squares don't contain those environments?
It seems to me that having a set map does nothing but limit creativity.  If
Joe and Sue want to say their realms border, and then two years later, Joe
decides he wants to have his realm border Sam's realm in a different story,
why not let that be so?

Rick Kurtzuba