Re: CW Questions (Was: A thought about some CW issues that may emanate.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 04:10:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Matt Brooks writes:
    CW is a wonderful idea but the map seems to raise an awful lot of • issues.
It seems to me that a "Magic: the Gathering" approach would be easier to
implement and cause less confusion. The Magic card game is built around many
worlds (planes) that have no physical connection between them. Wizards (also
called planeswalkers) use a variety of magical means to travel between the
different worlds.

Being a long-time Magic afficionado, this is the most appealing aspect
of realm placement to me. It's not very confusing, unless you want it to
be, nor is it too terribly difficult to understand. This also allows (to
address a subsequent point from Frank Filz) as much interaction between
realms as you want. Any number of CW'ers can place their realms in the
same plane, such as the following:

Plane 1
Shiri's Realm, Frank's Realm, Craigo's realm
Plane 2
Rick's Realm
Plane 3
Damraska's realm, Anthony's realm, Mattexl's realm

You can even have your realm span two(or more) different planes, thereby
increasing your interactivity. Or even have your realm jump planes of
existence, due to horribly timed magical experiments or the will of the
"gods".

Mattexl

Not to be a stick in the mud, but here's another thing to take into account.
I've always considered my realm to be set in the past relative to all the
others.  After all, there are things that have/will happen in my realm that if
we had one all encompassing world, would effect the whole darn thing.  And with
the different planes of existance, you would think that an evil and all
powerful necromancer like my evil villian would take full advantage of any
portals he could find, pouring his army into a less prepared realm.  Of course,
I've also envisioned allowing other people, if they so chose to do so, use my
realm to help form and create a background for any one of their characters.
You see, not to give too much of the plot away, most of the characters in my
realm do not survive the next 20 years of their time.  Leaving a void and
desolate realm for any rouge or king to form his fortune.  Anyway, it's not
important, just some thoughts.  It's not like my realm is really all that
important anyway.  Thats my 2 cents.
--Anthony