Re: CW Questions (Was: A thought about some CW issues that may emanate.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Doug Dropeskey writes:
It does, but your answer leads me to lots more questions.  :)

I really gotta go to school, but I'll try to be brief ;-)

Does CW have any hard and fast rules?

No.

From what I can tell (having looked
at CW, TempCW, and recent posts here), it's basically a loose confederation
without much structure.

Yep.

If there are no hard and fast rules, are there
plans for instituting some?

Not entirely. The rules are mainly to have fun, and then there's the golden
rule of Creativity, Cooperation and ... something... I always forget the last
C. ;-) Oh! Courtesy.

I'm interested in joining/contributing, but I'd
like to understand the structure of the place before I write anything (more)
up.

Here's the thing. We are still, constantly, fleshing out the "how"s. Like
these musing posts. CW is less than a year old, and we're just trying to put
all these independent worlds into one.

So write whatever you want; merging it in will be coming later.

I don't really need answers to *all* that, but I would like to get a better
sense of scale and community so that I can make an intelligent contribution.

I hope that helps a bit...

More musing:  The problem with putting a mysterious ocean at the center
(where it is landlocked) is that eventually someone has to populate and
explore it, after which it isn't so mysterious anymore.  If the world were a
plate that grew around the edges instead, the ocean could go on forever.
Forever is mysterious.  :)

Ah but it is! (a plate that grows around the edges instead). That's why the
ocean need not be populated... there's always more space...

-Shiri