 Castle / Ninja / 61
Re: Whoo hoo!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 19:18:02 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Christopher Pisciotti writes:
In lugnet.castle.ninja, Chris Barker writes:

I'd also like to see more "leaders" besides the Shogun and Ninja
Master.  How about a Ronin/bandit cheif and some Daimyo or variant
Shoguns? Even better, let's have an Emperor!

I like the minifig pack and the miniheroes, but more than anything, I wish
Lego would release a Ninja accessory pack with swords, helmets, etc so I may
continue my tradition of "Samur-izing" every minifig and his brother...

I felt the same way about needig more leaders... That's why I created my own
Ronin leader, Emperor, Daimyo by integrating SW figs and Ninja theme
accessoires, as well as a few Islander hair pieces:

http://community.webtv.net/johnNYblaze44/johnNYblazeswebpage

The Mini Heroes Collection, sets 3344, 3345, 3346, add a little more
variation. I especially like 3344 with it's black armor and horned helmet. I
think he makes a pretty cool Ronin leader or a Diamyo for your red army.

I was thrilled when Lego released these sets...I think the torso graphic on
the 3344 figure is great.  I added bows, quivers and different faces to mine
to make Ronin archers. Unfortunately, at $3 a piece+ shipping, I'll never
amass an army of these guys.  The black armor was the primary reason I
purchased multiple copies of this set.  Although I use the Black armor on
some Space creations currently.

***a note on the 3344 to avoid confusion: the torso is a red version of the
Blue Shogun torso usually covered by armor in sets like 6013, 6083,6093)

Would have been nice if he'd had a unique face though... Anyone else have
any thoughts on these sets? I really like the Mini Heroes sets in general. I
have most of them now.

Christopher Pisciotti
Loch Forest, CA

I did my own review of these minihero sets last summer and posted it to
.castle and .reviews.  (I think it got buried in a discussion of hair that week)

I don't prefer the face included on 3344, either.  It's the same face as the
Black Ninja; good eyes through a mask, but a little to Willa-witch-like for
my tastes. I buried the head deep in the ranks of my Blue samurai.

Thoughts on 3345...
The "Older" Red Samurai head is a particular favorite.  It was only
available in 3052 and was hidden by the Santa beard.  I REALLY LIKE the Red
torsoes in this pack.  The textured chainmail torso is excellent and I wish
it was available in more sets.  (6093 is the only other set it appears in,
in blue)   The Plate armor on a red torso is handy too.  These torsos could
easily be integrated into classic Castle armies, but ver few people seem to
do that currently.

Thoughts on 3346...
The B+W torso graphic is another example of a great minifig design that was
hidden by armor.
GREEN Ninjas!!?? Probably no historical correlation or basis, but I like
them!  I had actualy fashioned my own Green Ninjas before Lego released
these (I thought I would be introducing something cool, but Lego beat me to it)

It would be great if Lego could "keep the Ninja theme alive" by producing
more of these minifigure packs in the future.  I was surprised when these 3
offerings appeared, so maybe we can look forward to more in the future.

                  John
(who thinks we should put our heads together and make a friendly+formal
request to Lego to appease us Ninja fanatics by releasing some more Ninja stuff)