 Castle / Ninja / 34
Re: Whoo hoo!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:07:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Chris Barker writes:
A week or two later, I
found out about KK's work and realized that a good castle was indeed
possible.

I think KK has set a new benchmark for enthiasts and Lego Company designers.
If you think about it,  KK's Castle structure could easily be broken down
into a series of hig qulity play-filled "sets".

Maybe KK could be convinced to do something like the GoB folks do and
make his sets available as custom kits!

Chris,
  Now you got me intrigued.  Who are the GoB folks ? Do they have a website ?
I might explore the possibility of a custom castle if people are interested
but I don't even know how to gauge interest ?
  Also, to make the custom set reasonably priced.  It would have to be more
like the first Japanese castle I built which is more like the Odawara castle
with 3 tiers but a double rock slope.  Kumamoto-jo took the better part of
4 FNFs to build and some extra rock slope pieces plus more bulk white and
black and at 22 pounds, its quite a daunting custom set.

Finally, I like the white+ blue combo for castles e.g. Himeji which was
wood plastered over and painted white.  I am working on a new super large
Himeji with a more realistic roof design but still in the planning stages.
KK