 Castle / Ninja / 23
Re: Whoo hoo!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:00:24 GMT

Christopher Pisciotti wrote:
I'll third it :)  the Ninja theme was what got me back into Lego too. I was
very disappointed it only Ran (pun intended, for you Kurosawa fans) for two
years.

Christopher Pisciotti

ROTFL!  I'm also one someone who was lured back into Lego by the Ninja
theme.  I build lego every spare moment as a boy but dropped out of Lego
for about 20 years until I happened to be in a toy store last year and
saw the Ninja sets.  My addiction has returned in force!

This happened to be around the time that I started studying Japanese
history and it occurred to me that with *lots* of Ninja theme sets I
could build a pretty decent castle.  I started off with a 3053 (about
US$75 here in Tokyo) and a couple of 3050s.  A week or two later, I
found out about KK's work and realized that a good castle was indeed
possible.

Personally I'm more interested in the samurai side of the theme than the
Ninja side.  I'm a big fan of Kurosawa and would love to do some of the
battles from Ran in Lego.  If you have ever seen Kagemusha, then you
will recognize one of the projects I'm planning right now.  In the next
few months I'll be doing the battle of Nagashino in Lego.  In the long
term, I'm planning a website which will tell the story of the
senoku-jidai, in lego of course!

I also wish TLC had kept up the Ninja line for longer than they did.
I'd like to have seen more big castles like the FNF.  As a side note,
oddly enough some of this line never got released here in Japan.  I also
wonder who thought up the name for 3050; "Shanghai Surprise"?!?  Someone
in TLC needs a geography lesson ^_^

Chris Barker
chris@superfami.com