 Castle / Ninja / 20
Re: Whoo hoo!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 02:48:16 GMT

I'll third it :)  the Ninja theme was what got me back into Lego too. I was
very disappointed it only Ran (pun intended, for you Kurosawa fans) for two
years.

Christopher Pisciotti

Not a bad reason to get back into collecting....
personally, I don't know what brought me back into collecting....
maybe it was all the stuff I was missing most of all....fantasies associated
with setting up and "playing" with a Lego City, or what.
When Ninja sets came out, I knew right away I had to have both the Flying
Ninja's Castle and the Stone Tower Bridge....both of these were
"mandatory items" and I call myself a townie!!!!
I saw these items as a nice residential place for the mayor of my city.
I also added the Robber's Retreat as a Hotel for my city...I call it
Hotel Shanghai and don't plan on modifying it one bit.  The occupants of
the "room upstairs" (the one that is supposed to be a jail cell or something
like that) can eat down in the common area.  Those are the only ninja
sets I have but I like them a lot and don't figure I'll buy any more...
I have a couple other themes I need to work on.
Town - that is a given (and I'm lucky because I got all the 1998, 1999, and
2000 sets (or will have them all)
Western - got all of the ones I wanted (the cowboys!!)
Trains - got all the newest ones, except the Freight and Crane
Adventurers - got the bigger sets, except the latest Dino Research facility
Pirate - need a couple from each subtheme (a couple more Imperials, a
couple more pirate sets, and one more Islander set I want!!)
Paradisa - yes, even this theme I want a couple more sets from....heck,
it adds a bit of color!!!  to any town
Aquanauts - need the Neptune Research Center
Rock Raiders - think the Rock Raiders HQ makes a great factory set for the
industrial part of my town!!

Enough about it...just emphasizing that Ninja sets look awesome and that
they are a good reason to end a dark age in your life (that is not
collecting lego)
What really got me turned on big time was the finding out about Lego on
E-bay, and finding other web pages from other AFOLS, and I think it is when
I first saw the Gold City Junction with the Bank and Store and also when
I first saw 4561 (railway express)  - that was the only train available in
stores, and wanted to work on my train collection!!

Well thats it!!!

Benjamin Medinets

Play Well.....comments welcome!!!!!