 Castle / 7409
Re: My first attempt at a story. The Forest of Blood part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:17:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:
I've had these 4 characters sitting around for probably the better part of 6
months, now, actually. I guess they figured their own story out and made me
tell it finally. <G>

That's often the way it works out.... my characters constantly refuse to buy
into my ideas, and come up with their own. ;-)

Sounds like the cats I had when I grew up...*chuckle*

Clearly talented people, huh? Hehehehe. I felt exactly the same way, and
then my posts got the same sort of feedback as the 'veterans'. It really
feels great to be appreciated, doesn't it? And you *better* keep posting! I
hope we're not *that* scary. ;-)

Well, I'm not an overly artistic person, so it's reassuring to know that I
can do SOMETHING semi-artistic and have people say it looks good.

Nah.. not too scary. Unlike .space - I mean spamcake, Muffin head's.. *cringes*
:)

That's always tougher than putting it into your posts... I joke around a lot
in real life and in my posts, but you wouldn't tell from my creations
alone... (unless you read the captions on my page, etc.) Most of my stories
(some aren't up here yet!) are serious and dramatic, even melodramatic
sometimes, I'm afraid.

I think I understand completely. I generally post comments about how I'd say
them to someone face to face. I have the utmost admiration for anyone that
and write and get the humor to blend with the serious - it makes for a
wonderful story.

The one that I think really started getting me back into the mood for
building a castle theme and such was from a few years ago called Green
Rider, by Kristen Britain.

http://www.angelfire.com/ky/karigan/

I don't normally go for fantasy books (being a die hard Gibson fan and of
all things "Techie"), but this one just blew me away. For an author's first
book it is just awesome. Highly recommended. I have say, in retrospect her
"bad guy" had a lot of influence on the creation of the one in my current story.

(1) "I mean what I say, and I say what I feel... I'll love you til my name
is carved in stone, baby, don't-- think I won't-- coz I will..." (A cookie
if you can identify this!)

Ugh. Sounds like... *cringes* N'Sync or some other horrid boy band. *8|

Guuuh!! Yuck! No, nuh-uh, sorry, I don't listen to that kinda music. I won't
give it away yet, but it's country (1).

-Shiri

(1) I never used to listen to *that* kinda music either... Chris is horrible
influence on me. ;-)

Well, I don't listen to Country for the most part. Achey Breaky Heart about
ruined it for me. The only artist that I DO listen to is Randy Travis.  :)

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm