 Castle / 7401
Re: My first attempt at a story. The Forest of Blood part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:11:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:
I've had these 4 characters sitting around for probably the better part of 6
months, now, actually. I guess they figured their own story out and made me
tell it finally. <G>

That's often the way it works out.... my characters constantly refuse to buy
into my ideas, and come up with their own. ;-)

<snip>
Thanks again. Beginning to post something that has been quite personal to me
my whole life (I rarely played with my LEGO's with friends, it was my
'escape' to just think and be creative as a kid), and in the midst of so
many clearly talented people here was unnerving but I think I'm ok now. No
nervous twitches or temptations to buy MegaBloks(ducks) or anything else bad
came from it.. so I guess I'll keep posting. hehe.

Clearly talented people, huh? Hehehehe. I felt exactly the same way, and
then my posts got the same sort of feedback as the 'veterans'. It really
feels great to be appreciated, doesn't it? And you *better* keep posting! I
hope we're not *that* scary. ;-)

Ahh, yeah, Mark has a knack for both making cool stuff and appreciating what
other people do, which, while not entirely rare, is unique and definitely
makes him stand out. And he's a funny guy too :-)

Indeed! Humor is something that I hope to learn to work into my creations
and stories.

That's always tougher than putting it into your posts... I joke around a lot
in real life and in my posts, but you wouldn't tell from my creations
alone... (unless you read the captions on my page, etc.) Most of my stories
(some aren't up here yet!) are serious and dramatic, even melodramatic
sometimes, I'm afraid.

(1) "I mean what I say, and I say what I feel... I'll love you til my name
is carved in stone, baby, don't-- think I won't-- coz I will..." (A cookie
if you can identify this!)

Ugh. Sounds like... *cringes* N'Sync or some other horrid boy band. *8|

Guuuh!! Yuck! No, nuh-uh, sorry, I don't listen to that kinda music. I won't
give it away yet, but it's country (1).

-Shiri

(1) I never used to listen to *that* kinda music either... Chris is horrible
influence on me. ;-)