 Castle / 7400
Re: Combining Castles Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:01:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard W. Schamus writes:
In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Thomas Garrison writes:
PS  Off the top of my head, I'd say that you already have the black Castle
sets with technic pin connections--the only other one I know of is the Black
Monarch's Ghost, which is a little short.

I believe that all the official sets with technic pin connections are:

6034 Black Monarch's Ghost (Black)
6040 Blacksmith Shop (Grey)
6041 Armor Shop (Grey)
6059 Knight's Stronghold (Black)
6061 Seige Tower (Grey)
6062 Battering Ram (Grey)
6067 Guarded Inn (Grey)
6073 Knight's Castle (Grey)
6074 Black Falcon's Fortress (Grey)
6080 King's Castle (Grey)
6081 King's Mountain Fortress (Grey)
6085 Black Monarch's Castle (Black)

And actually,6081 and 6034 may not really count...

6034 has a clip on the side making it incapable of actually connecting to
another castle wall section on one side (I forget who pointed that out), and
also has a wall that is 1 stud and one plate lower than the other segment
sets...
I know I've pointed that out at some point when describing my conversion of
these components into my revised Castle Wall Compontent system, though I'm
uncertain if I am an original poster of this inadequacy.
<snip>
DaveE

Essentially, all the castle wall components that TLC produced to "go
together" have problems. Yes, they are interesting, and have some nice
building points to them, but to me they are flawed. For one, they are too
short. A minifig on horseback could scale the walls of any structure you put
together from these pieces. If you aren't careful, one or more pieces will
fall over as you adjust placement of each; the one connection point is very
flimsy. The walk ways are not wide enough... I could go on, but I chose to
do "something" about it and just made my own better designed pieces. I
suggest that Thomas do the same.

Opps, I meant Kevin.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****