 Castle / 7396
Re: Combining Castles Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:14:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Stephens writes:

Can anyone point me to a picture/set list/description of how the old castles
are "supposed" to snap together? I have seen several sets, all with technic
pins & holes - like they are supposed to go together. I would like to know
if TLG ever actually published a picture, or a AFOL figured it out.

Specifically, I have 2 black castles 6085 & 6059. I was wondering what other
black sets to buy to make a super castle/courtyard. I've seen the pins on
grey sets too.

Um, I don't think there's any "official" way to combine castle sets.  You just.
. .put them together.  That is to say, you would assemble your 6085 and 6059
according to the instructions, "open up" the 6085, and use the technic pins to
insert the 6059 at the points where the back of the 6085 came apart.  For
examples, you can see my stuff:

http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/lego/collectionpics/bigcastles1.jpg
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/lego/collectionpics/bigcastles2.jpg
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/lego/collectionpics/bigcastles3.jpg

or James Stacey's collection (mostly MOCs, but the one in the lower left-hand
corner is a combination Knight's Castle/Black Falcon's Fortress)

http://www.minifig.co.uk/images/display.jpg

Does that help?

TWS Garrison

PS  Off the top of my head, I'd say that you already have the black Castle sets
with technic pin connections--the only other one I know of is the Black
Monarch's Ghost, which is a little short.