 Castle / 7451
Re: My first attempt at a story. The Forest of Blood part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:17:31 GMT

Ok, I really meant to reply to this when this was in the spotlight, but at the
time I was pulling my hair out with my own update, so now that I have the time,
I SHALL BE HEARD! :)

In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:
After claiming for the better part of a year to get involved and share
something I've done, I have finally can. :)

Sharing a piece of work is not necessarily important, as long as you share your
love of legos with those who feel the same way.  (not that I don't approve of
sharing in the least)

While it's not really a MOC, it's the beginning of a story that provides
some background and introduction to the realm I intend to place my future
Castle creations into, as well as for four key characters that I plan to
have around for a long time to come.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Castle/Fob-main.htm

I must say this is one of the most powerful and visually stunning stories in
the lugnet castle area that I've read thus far.  Though not much action
actually takes place, your story relies on the strength of what cannot be seen
to knock the reader for a loop.  The backgrounds were absolutely wonderful, I
salute your efforts sir.

This is actually an experiment of sorts - one that I could use feedback on.

When I started out, it certainly seemed like a good idea, but I did not
realize just how difficult it would be to find background photos of just
exactly what I wanted. I have enough to complete the remaining two episodes
of the story, but beyond that - should I keep it up as stories dictate or
let this end as something better off left to the pro's? :)

As far as I'm concerned you are a pro.  Your story was well written and
splendedly illustrated.  I will admit that I was a bit ashamed to post my new
story pictures after seeing yours.  But oh well, I will leave the more stunning
visuals to those who have the knack for them, I'll just stick to my... what did
Pawel call them?  oh yes... me and my 29847294 characters :)

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm

I tip my hat to you, sir.  Keep up the good work, scratch that, great work.