 Castle / 7386
Re: My first attempt at a story. The Forest of Blood part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:

<snip>
Hmm, yes, I could believe that. Although my stories usually come to me when
I'm trying to think them out, a few of my big ideas came very randomly and
suddenly. And my characters all came *much* before the story did! I *always*
have characters that have yet to be connected into the story, even secondary
characters, and often they will suddenly take the spotlight when I get an
idea about them. (Daphne and the Big 5 were intended as a sub-plot at first
but now they're almost as central (at least in my mind, perhaps not in the
story yet) as Scar and her gang is.)

I've had these 4 characters sitting around for probably the better part of 6
months, now, actually. I guess they figured their own story out and made me
tell it finally. <G>

<snipped>

Hehe - thanks. My main question or point of concern was the use of the
background images - some of them are pretty Mickey Mouse'd around with and
it's kinda obvious on some of the scenes. Fortunately the last 2 episodes
won't need so much background editing as it's more close up photography.

Well, I don't even get *that* far, and I definitely appreciate peope who do.

It certainly takes time; if nothing else I've learned a lot more about using
Layers in Photoshop than I knew previously. Heh.

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, Shiri. Your (as well as many
more in .castle than I could list) feedback is highly valued, being one of
the CastleWorld conspirators <G>.

<grin> Couldn't help being around at the time it was formed, I guess!

As for other feedback, well, Chris can't post but earlier we were both
discussing how cool both your story and figs were. And last night Pawel sent
me to look at your brickshelf account saying it's awesome (but I had already
seen it, and thought the same!). So it's not just me! And anyway, I mean
what I say and I say what I feel, (1) so if I give good feedback it's
because I mean it!

Thanks again. Beginning to post something that has been quite personal to me
my whole life (I rarely played with my LEGO's with friends, it was my
'escape' to just think and be creative as a kid), and in the midst of so
many clearly talented people here was unnerving but I think I'm ok now. No
nervous twitches or temptations to buy MegaBloks(ducks) or anything else bad
came from it.. so I guess I'll keep posting. hehe.

Kinda like the good Mr. Sandlin's
feedback over in .space and beyond.

Ahh, yeah, Mark has a knack for both making cool stuff and appreciating what
other people do, which, while not entirely rare, is unique and definitely
makes him stand out. And he's a funny guy too :-)

Indeed! Humor is something that I hope to learn to work into my creations
and stories.

-Shiri

(1) "I mean what I say, and I say what I feel... I'll love you til my name
is carved in stone, baby, don't-- think I won't-- coz I will..." (A cookie
if you can identify this!)

Ugh. Sounds like... *cringes* N'Sync or some other horrid boy band. *8|

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm