 Castle / 7383
Re: My first attempt at a story. The Forest of Blood part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 05:24:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:
After claiming for the better part of a year to get involved and share
something I've done, I have finally can. :)

While it's not really a MOC, it's the beginning of a story that provides
some background and introduction to the realm I intend to place my future
Castle creations into, as well as for four key characters that I plan to
have around for a long time to come.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Castle/Fob-main.htm

This is actually an experiment of sorts - one that I could use feedback on.

Well, I checked it out earlier today at school, and I think it's fantastic!
Very good for your first story.  I was amazed how much image-editing you did
for it.  I particularly liked the ones where the LEGO path connected to the
"real" path, almost seamlessly.  The storyline was great, and I could just
imaging the evilish chanting of the monks.  (If you read it people, try to
keep that chanting sound in your head when the petals fall off the flowers.
Very powerful moment!  I was right then I realized that this bad guy was
pure evil!  I can't wait to see the next two chapters.

When I started out, it certainly seemed like a good idea, but I did not
realize just how difficult it would be to find background photos of just
exactly what I wanted. I have enough to complete the remaining two episodes
of the story, but beyond that - should I keep it up as stories dictate or
let this end as something better off left to the pro's? :)

Left to the pros?  Man, you are a pro!  I started out just playing around
with Photoshop and started editing some of my LEGO pictures for my stories.
I'll admit that my first images weren't anything to brag about, but I feel
that I've gotten a lot better at it and have made some pretty cool images
for my stories.

Wilson