 Castle / 700 (+100)
  Re: Silver bricks

(...) Don't forget the rock raiders drill pieces -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 1680

(...) My Mistake. The instructions were "cut" on the minifig section. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 1680

(...) Yes. I accidently counted that picture. and Yes i do have a complete set of scanned instructions to almoast every castle set. I wish someone would scan the last remaining sets i need to complete the collection, though (stupid royal knights (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) Shoot. I'm sad to hear you make this decision, since you said this key phrase in your other response: "It looks really neat ...." In my mind, you couldn't go wrong buying it, if you like the way it looks, as long as it doesn't mean you're (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) Well, the large Aquashark sub ("Shark's Crystal Cave") and the #2-sized Aquasharks set are both still in stock at a KB ToyWorks here in NJ. The bad side? They're still full price. (!!!) The Planetary Prowler I bought up at $10/ea from a local (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest? (was Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?)

(...) Now that's a name I haven't seen in a long time.. (...) Ack! I must be in the middle of my first dark ages then. You are right, there are gold and silver on those torso. Going to hid in his dark age, Simon. LEGO: (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) Aquasharks (...) They're (...) I live in NJ, which KB ToyWorks. I live near QB Mall and work in the Newark area near the IKEA. I saw the Cave set at a Ames, but it was full price and the box was mangled. Sucks. Then I saw Pip, Squeek and (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest? (was Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?)

(...) Heh. It's good to be home. -- jthompson@teubner.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest? (was Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?)

(...) Shoot! Look what you made me do! <g> Er ... jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" // Anyone done a favorite castle minifigs poll yet? (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2001 SW Lego

(...) If could go back in time, and I had only about $20 in my pocket, I'd purchase Knight's Procession and Knight's Tournament again. Those 2 sets live on in my heart (if not my Lego collection.) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest? (was Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?)

(...) :) It's good to see you around again, Jeff. Steve (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest? (was Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?)

(...) My vote is for the black falcon minifig with the bullet helment and bow and arrow -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Favorite castle minifigs (was Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest?)

(...) Oh, me too. I can't pick a single favorite minifig. But that's pretty close. Particularly if tricked out with black bow and quiver from the western sets. I have one of those in a Postion of Honor overlooking my computer right now. If there's (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2001 SW Lego

(...) that (...) times. (...) purchase (...) my (...) I'd nab four or five copies of minifigure set 6102, for the black falcon and crossed axe guys. Then I'd find another $20 so I could buy four or five more. =) Then I'd rob a bank so I could stock (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castle minifigs (was Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest?)

(...) (snip) (...) My favorite custom mini-fig is my elite Black Falcon knight. Here's the recipe: - blue helmet with dark gray "pig nose" visor and blue dragon decorations - blue armor torso with black arms and blue hands - dark gray suit of armor (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castle minifigs (was Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest?)

(...) Yeah, that sounds like a cool one Rick. Hmmm, my favorite? I'm going to have to say the crusader on horse: -Grey helmet with grey visor. Red medium size plume. -smiley head (of course) -grey armor piece (I'd buy some of these) -red torso with (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Good vs. Evil

(...) Which brings me to an interesting question: who is good and who is bad in the Ninja realm, or is there no definite good and bad? Here's the way I see it: there is one good team and two bad teams, not necessarily allied with each other. Good (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Good vs. Evil

(...) You clearly haven't seen Kage No Gundan: the Black ninja are good, Gray are bad. "My body is iron, my soul is air, I destroy evil!" Bruce (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Viking Figures

Hey, i've been reading this group for a while, but this is my first post. Does anybody have any good ideas on how to make a Viking figure? The blue spears from the new battle cycles (forgot their name) would make a great weapon. Brown and grey legs, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Figures

Karl Martinson: (...) I usually just use whatever plain torso I can find, an axe from the old firemen and a round 2x2 plate for the shield. If I need a sword, two 1x1 cylinders do the job. If you want to tend to the details, use a brown forestman (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Found several 6314 and one 6090 (royal kings castle)

Is this a FOTW? Well, actually, I saw them in a toy-store this summer but never bought them. Should I buy them if I see them again? --Tobias (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Found several 6314 and one 6090 (royal kings castle)

(...) Only if they're on sale. Why pay full price? :) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Mike Stanley skrev i meddelandet ... (...) them. (...) Well, guess I won´t buy them then... --Tobias (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

Hi all, Sorry for dragging this a little off topic... (...) The KB ToyWorks is in Piscataway/Edison, off Rt 287 at Stelton Road, go south a little ways, look for the Kohl's they're building on the left, and it's in that plaza. I found three Android (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castle minifigs (was Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest?)

(...) That would have to be the Black Knight with the foofy mustache. He's so cheerful-looking, he always makes me laugh. Interestingly enough, he's specifically a sailor - I don't think he's anywhere except on 6057 Sea Serpent and Black Knight's (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castle minifigs (was Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest?)

(...) Is it the same head in 6009? (It loks the same in the brickshelf.com instructions, anyway) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest? (was Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?)

(...) My favorite is the "White Knight" in set#6086 Black Knight's (or Dungeon Master's) Castle. It's the knight on a white horse with the blue and black armor with dragon design, the gray helmet with gray visor, white dragon plume and wings, and a (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?

(...) I concur completely; the Bat helmets are the worst. In fact, I resent that Castle legos went out with such horrible sets instead of with a bang. In my opinion Fright Knights are the worst sets in the two decades of Castle. (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) my (...) I agree to that, that's all the witch's windship is good for, if even. Anyone who's bought one or seen it built most likely wouldn't like another. In fact, would anyone like to take the one I have? (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castle minifigs

(...) Serpent (...) (2 URLs) (...) found (...) instructions, (...) down. So I guess he's more versatile than I thought. Still cute though :-) Heather (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Scan Wanted: 1917

Can someone upload a set of scans for the 1917 Catapult to Kevin's site. I would be most appreciative. Thanks Dan M. (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Scan Wanted: 1917

(...) I have a ldraw .dat file of this set, if that is of any use to you... -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Scan Wanted: 1917

(...) back into it. Thanks Dan PS I would still like the scans if anyone else has them! (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) Obcontrarian post #1: The witch's windship was a good cheap source for the dome bottom. If you wanted to replace the bright yellow dome bottom from the large aquanaut base with a black one, the windship is the best way to do that. It was also (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?

ObContrarian post #2 (...) Enumerated contrariness: 1. The ninja sets come with armored guys on horseback with swords fighting over fortresses, and come in the correct set number range to be considered castle. 2. There are "classic" (non-ninja) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

Where did you see the MTron set? They were at the ZB on Route 1 by Mercer Mall and Market Fair. But that was about a month ago. Last week they weren't there anymore. They did have the watches though, whoopie.(Note the sarcasm). If you see anything (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) fact, (...) Hey, I bought FOUR, just so I could get more green dragons and the black dome bottom. The Dragon Master theme was my favorite (love castle stuff) and I am amassing huge quantities of brick for a large space cruiser project. Those (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

I'm considering using Micro Motors for the two entrances in my new castle. Has anyone else done this? What about Lego lights (from L&S sets) being used inside various shops or rooms inside the castle? There are numerous other instances where a motor (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I haven't done any motorizing, but I have done lighting. I use the 9v system as opposed to L&S stuff, and it works fairly well, the only problem is that it's a bit dim. However, with a red cap (as comes in one of the service packs) they work (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) That alone was a good enough reason for me to get one. I use the black dome bottoms as gun tubs on warships--they're very handy. Regarding our friend who's going to use them on spacecraft, consider this: If you can get lots of tops and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) Having been a Castle-only collector, I'm really not at all familiar with any motorized or lighting elements. Could you please explain a little more about how you did what you describe? Where did you hide the power source? Where did you run the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) It's not all that tricky, actually. I used two methods, mostly. For fireplaces, I put the light brick right into the back wall of the fireplace, and piled the fireplace high with trans-red, trans-yellow and trans-orange 1x1 round plates. Makes (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) If you're using standard LEGO electrical parts (plates, wires, etc) aren't the lights hooked up in parallel? If so, then the only reason for dim lights would be low batteries, right? --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

Hi Legofans, Do you search set 6090 ?? I can help you ! See you later, Emmanuel. Tobias Möller a écrit dans le message ... (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) Has (...) of (...) My own motor-use in a castle was for a working water-wheel jutting from the side of the castle into the river-area. By building a fairly large wheel out of bricks and Technic elements, and gearing the motor down slightly, I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) If you put enough lights in parallel, they will start to dim. Since we have no ideal power sources, all power sources will put out a lower voltage as the load increases. Batteries are pretty good, and can dump their energy pretty quick. A (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I'm not sure if that's what I'm running into or not. My lights are rather buried in my castle, and I can't say I'm willing to dig them out right now. I am running (if memory serves correctly) 8 or 9 lights off one box, and 4 of those are the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) so (...) Well, here's a question for you: what kind of box is it? Is it the 4x8?x2? battery box with the single grey button (runs off 1 9v battery), or the 4x12?x3? battery box w/ 2 buttons (runs off 6 AA batteries)? I think (if memory serves) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I'm using the larger battery box. I haven't tried multple boxes yet, mostly because I haven't dug up 6 spare batteries yet. I will try it when I get a chance, and let people know the result. James (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) Actually, you can get the lights to project pretty far by placing one of those silver headlight dishes around the light bulb. This works great for the light on the front of a steam train. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

[snip] (...) Where did you find *that*? Please, share! :-) Shiri, who was just considering buying the ninja castle for $72 (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) I definitely agree. I just bought the castle at the same price at KB in the Natick Mall, and I like it a lot. I mean, I wouldn't say it's the coolest set I've ever seen, but it does have all those cool stuff Jeff mentioned. And if you'd ever (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) up (...) I'm actually dying for green dragons but haven't got around buying the witch windship yet (if at all). -Shiri (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego/playmobile ramble

Hi all, At the risk of being jumped on simultaneously, by thousands of AFOL's (or having thousands of Timmy's thrown at me) I just finished having a look at the playmobil site, and came away with much food for thought. Firstly I was struck with the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

This message reminds me my pre dark age lego playing habits. I had a collection of almost 2000 pieces but only four minifigs, which even included to the collection while I lost my interest at role playing, and started building models displaying (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

[ FUT lugnet.general ] Rachel Kingston: [ Comparing Playmobil and LEGO ] (...) In many cases (castle, wild west, and divers come to mind) LEGO copies Playmobil's ideas. What I find really bad is that LEGO also seem to be copying Playmobil's lack of (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I have noticed this similarity also. Part of it is the fact that both lines are very extensive, so should have an incredible overlap (or someone's research into what kids seem to be interested in is totally invalid). I have noticed other toy (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) As opposed to now, when you have to bribe the customs official to get relief goods in to the country?? Sigh. (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I think Playmobile is much more like Duplo than Lego, both due to the size of the figures and the aspects Frank describes above. Indeed, speaking as somebody who has a very substantial amount of Duplo, I find that it often comes mixed with (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:383BF42D.36CA22...ger.net... (...) years (...) Hey, we are going slowly...to anywhere..:-( What could I say, you are completely right. Selçuk (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) Hee. It's apparently no longer a part of the product line, but you should see the Playmobil Ghost. It's such a ringer for the LEGO ghost that it could be the LEGO ghost's giant economy-sized brother. I don't think I still have the box, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

In lugnet.castle, Rachel Kingston writes: <snip> (...) Not only that, but the part numbers are clearly marked on the instructions, and the buyer is allowed, nay, encouraged to call Playmobil and purchase parts individually. Not cheap, of course, but (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) Well, LEGO comes close, the floating boats can be motorized (I think with the same motor which came with that Playmobil boat). (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Boat motors (was: Lego/playmobile ramble)

[FUT lugnet.boats] (...) FYI, in case it has not been mentioned in awhile, the Playmobil boat motor fits very nicely in the stern of the LEGO floating boats. ;-) Also, if you have a friendly neighborhood toyshop, they might order a "replacement" (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?

(...) Additionally, although this has been mentioned before, I'll mention this again. Ninja come from LEGO in boxes marked "Castle". (...) Well have sucky helmets and their "buildings" leave something to be desired (walls of burps!). They did have (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) the (...) Have another look around the playmobil site Jeff, cause the ghost is still there - it is number 3317 in the knights catagory. Thats the other thing that Playmobil do, that Lego should copy, all the Playmobil sets are around long (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

I looked at the Playmobile web site, and discovered that they have cannons too. Can the Playmobile cannon shoot? If so, how is it safer than its Lego counterpart? Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) The U.S. versions of Playmobil cannons don't shoot either. The only possibility of finding one might be if a U.S. retailer ordered their stock from a European distributor, but that would be rare. Timbo (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Heather Patey wrote in message ... (...) and (...) models (...) old (...) Playmobil will also let you email a missing parts list, email you back and send the parts. I love it!!!!! Playmobil is also into their third year of advent calendars, Lego is (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Small Gloating Ritual

Hey y'all: O, Baby! I just got a whole bunch of sets in the mail from this one dealer I was working with. I got fair/excellent deals on the following sets: 6074, 6039, 6059, 6086, 6077, 6071, 6066, 6061, 1624, 6040, 6071 No boxes, mint Instructions, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Rachel Kingston wrote in message ... (...) the (...) After reading this post and the long string of responses, I would have to say that it is interesting that no one did jump on Rachel or throw thousands of Timmys. If someone made a comment (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) should mention that (...) Despite using larger pieces, I believe Playmobil is still aimed at the same ages as LEGO System. Playmobil 1-2-3 is the DUPLO equivlant. What I like about Playmobil is, as you mentioned, variety. Thier current Town (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) plug-in transformer from one of the train sets? Not only will this support a large load of lights, but you will actually have complete remote control over the whole light array and never needlessly drain batteries. Dan (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Golden Tap Inn posted

I just got two rolls of film back with more pics of my castle creations. Seeing as I just spent the last week laying out a 32 page mailorder catalog at my job, I wasn't too excited to spend more hours posting all of the pics, but at least I got a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I'm not using one because I don't have one. ;) If I ever see a train with enough castle-applicable parts to interest me, at a good discount, I may get one. Until then, I shall rely on the battery box. Unless there's some altruistic train-head (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) James (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) TLC seem to have theme-concurrency mania. IE. They'd never release the types of stand-alone figures that Playmobil do, because they wouldn't 'fit' into any particular theme. Forget that the point is to play and that having an out-of-theme (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Richard Franks (<FLqwHC.3Hy@lugnet.com>) wrote at 08:48:48 (...) Just to get those warning bells jangling, several TRUs round me don't have a full LEGO aisle any more. Part of the space is now taken up by an expanded Playmobil (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I didn't have any Playmobil toys. They may have been out of our family's price range when I was young enough to be the intended Playmobil target audience, but when I was that young, I was much more interested in playing with toy dinosaurs than (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) And I remember why I never put a web page up with my own castle creations ... they just don't compare. However, I see plenty of wonderful building methods I plan to crib demonstrated here. Thanks =) Wonderful stuff, Daniel. (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

I hope you recover soon and post more pics!!! I noticed in your Inn something somewhat close to what I've been thinking of doing and I wasn't sure how it would look, now I'm definately going to try it on what I am going to start building this (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) so he could (...) If my memory serves me correctly, there was a thread about using Playmobil (and other) motors on lego floating boats on rec.toys.lego (or maybe even alt.toys.lego) a long time ago. (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) thousands (...) I can't find any place that carries Playmobil anymore. Toys R Us hasn't in at least a decade. (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) That's funny. Playmobil is carried everywhere here (Miami). There is a a Playmobil department at my local TRU across from LEGOs. Ditto at all my local Targets, which sell Playmobil next to the LEGOs. There is also the Playmobil Fun Park in (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) You think that's amazing, then check out the blue family car tht has been in the range since 1990. And the ambulance that has been around since 1988! And the Fire truck that is still living since 1990. And the garbage truck introduced in the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) Nice, Dan! Especially the roof (like the blue roof on your farm too). I also like the lattice windows on the ground floor done with lattice fence pieces - nice idea! Kevin (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) Speaking of the farm, I've been wondering about something. Does anyone know what you call that style of architecture with the black lines on white walls? It can be seen specifically here: (URL) on the cover of Bill and Mary's book (I've built (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) I've heard it called either cross-timbering or wattle & daub. I'm not sure which is the "correct" term - I suspect they are varients of the same thing. James (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I remember a friend who owned a Playmobil cannon haven't seen the cannon's since '87 (a guess but it's definitely before '90) so dunno if they changed the design. So the european version of the Playmobil cannon can shoot. A small cannon-ball (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

In lugnet.castle, Silas Pierrot writes: [part snipped] (...) I my place (and I think most parts of Holland) there was some kind of 'friendly' competition between Lego and Playmobil. You either was a Lego-fan or a Playmobil-fan but hardly a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

I've seen Playmobil in *some* Targets and a *few* TRUs. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) In N AMerica it's usually called "Tudor" (and of course there isn't any real Tudor, it's all mock Tudor". Growing up in the UK I always heard it called "half timbering". The (british) book I have about it calls it "Timber Framed" and says the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Tony Kilaras wrote in message ... (...) Just about every specialty toy store chain, i.e. the learning store, the children's store, etc will carry Playmobil. In addition Targets are converting their stores to carry Playmobil. I was in Denver last (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) mostly (...) a (...) a (...) support a (...) over (...) at a (...) Ask in Buy Sell Trade, you will get a response. Many trainheads have way too many (Larry P. always pipes up that he will sell one). Another (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I can agree with that...my friend Joe and I had a big shoot um up with playmobile cannons off the pirate ship -years- ago. I don't know how they compare with the lego cannons, but I think from memory that they probably were faster and harder (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) Never mind that stuff...the orange digger has been around since about 1986 or so...I know, my mum has it at home. The garbage truck predates that even... JamesP (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) <grin> The reason I didn't bother asking in BST would be because I'm not actually interested enough to *pay* for one. Besides, my budget for non-retail Lego is woefully slim right now, so I'm going to spend it on pieces, not wiring. :) James (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Mark Herzberg wrote in message ... (...) local (...) I'm from the New York City area. I remember Playmobil being quite common when I was younger but I see none now. (...) little (...) Greece? Really. Whoa, I have to check that out. (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Boy the Target here in Lawrence, KS has a whole isle dedicated to Playmobile. Well, Playmobile on one side, Lego and the copy cats on the other. Tom "Tony Kilaras" <kilaras@speedus.com> wrote in message news:FLtJzB.E7z@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact