 Castle / 758
Re: Lego/playmobile ramble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:46:58 GMT

LEGO and Playmobile also compete very strongly with each other, so they
will be copying back and forth. The differences come in because
Playmobile is more strickly a play set system (which happens to have
decided that a bit of modularity improves their product tremendously,
but still keeps the quick set up and ready to play aspects of a
playset).

I think Playmobile is much more like Duplo than Lego, both due to the size of the
figures and the aspects Frank describes above. Indeed, speaking as somebody who has
a very substantial amount of Duplo, I find that it often comes mixed with Playmobile
at used sales. This suggests to me that kids play with these toys together.

BTW : I bought my nephew a playmobil boat. It came with a working motor, so he could
use it in the bath. Why do Lego not do this?

Scott A