 Castle / 28
Re: Lets get a datsville castle going
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:53:53 GMT

<snip>

So far I have:
Shadwick castle: 6090 royal knights castle, 6073 royal
drawbridge, skelleton surprise and kings carage combo
alternate
Royal coach (made from the leftover pieces from shadwick castle).
Some siege engines including a balista

I am agains official models in such a project!

I agree.  I understood the "Datsville" concept as a way to share individual
ideas and creations.  Datsville exists to "showcase" our efforts, doesn't
it?  Wouldn't you want a Castle themed town to do the same.  If I wanted to
see TLG's castle  ideas, I'd look at an Idea book held next to a product
catalog.

And for that matter, most medieval towns were centered around *a* Castle,
were they not?  Even in the realm of fantasy, there is one castle per
village.  So you only *need* one castle--and a truckload of peons to support
it.   And a few lovely "maidens", I suppose.

I think that bthe best option is to wait for the horse
piece from adam howard before we start on this.

Why does everybody insist upon Realism?  Use your imagination--build a
horse.  Let it be "horse-like", as the cars are "car-like" and the mini-figs
are "people-like."
Er, sorry.  Touched a nerve there.  I've had horses since 1978.  And
elephants.  And camels.  And giraffes, not to mention cows.....

Brian (bbq) Sauls
(All the eggs in one basket--less clutter, more mess)