 Castle / 30
Re: Lets get a datsville castle going
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:11:44 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brian Sauls writes:
And for that matter, most medieval towns were centered around *a* Castle,
were they not?  Even in the realm of fantasy, there is one castle per
village.  So you only *need* one castle--and a truckload of peons to support
it.   And a few lovely "maidens", I suppose.

A good point to bring up... how would it be designed? Because most people will
probably want to build castles, I'd either suggest contributing castle sections
to a single large castle (the stables built into one wall, the servents
quarters, barracks, etc., the main keep perhaps separated inside the outer
walls), or build multiple castles set apart from each other, perhaps centered
around a village (kinda backwards, but it could work :) ) Or maybe have two big
modular castles (1 grey w/black trim, 1 black w/ grey trim) built on either
side of a village?

If the large castle gets done, we'd have to come up with ideas for module
standards, like the space station idea going on in the Space group... Castle
walls have to be so high, with the jaggy defensive wall pieces (don't remember
the real term for it) ending in a 1x1 brick, so that the wall looks constant
when assembled, etc., etc.

The problem of course is that with a single large castle, you have to change
the layout of the rest of the castle to account for a new segment being added.
Makes it a little more difficult to do...

DaveE