 Castle / 68
Re: Lets get a datsville castle going
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:16:57 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
news:slrn7uobdf.4qk.cjc@zelda.ns.utk.edu...
On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 23:42:40 GMT, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> • wrote:
I should also add that i cant do the pov-ray rendering because my pc is not • powerful enough. So if
anyone out there has a pentoum III or something like that that they could • use to do the rendering it
would be appreciated.

If you can send me the files I can render them, but I have to admit
my L3P/Pov-ray experience is minimal.  I do have access to some
pretty hefty computers, though.

Does the win32 version of Pov-ray benefit from dual processors?

Do you want to take a crack at some Datsville pics?  The .pov files can be
downloaded from the geocities site:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/1864/datsville.html

Render time for me is up to 4 hrs., which really limits the number of pics I
can do.  You'll need a swapfile set up on a drive with >800 MB free (I have 1
GB free, and it worked, so maybe it needs that much, I'm not sure.)

If it works, and you'd like to help out with more pics, I could send you
camera and lookat coordinates to plug in and run.  Then it's just a matter of
converting to .jpeg and uploading to LUGNET.

LMK,

-John Van