 Castle / 50
Re: Lets get a datsville castle going
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:08:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John VanZwieten writes:
James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message •  <snippage of significant quantities>
Of course, a big limitation of this idea is that once you've gotten a couple
floors on, interiors become a moot point, unless they're archived as
seperate .dats - but for the castle to look at all realistic, then insides
just won't get seen.

DAT Explorer could let you see all the interiors.  And you definitely want the
sections to be posted separately to lugnet.cad.dat.models.

Neat.  You can do stuff like that?  I will confess my virtual lego experience
is slim to the point of non-existant.
By archived as seperate .dats, I meant available as images wherever
mediedatville goes, not as seperate files.  Poor choice of terminology, my Bad.

Another way to approach a castle project would be to start with a small keep
with a few buildings around it, then build a new wall around the buildings and
work outward from there.  The result would be a many-walled city like
Jerusalem or Byzantium.  Like those cities, different walls could have
somewhat different characteristics.  Perhaps start on the top of a hill, so
that further out walls are slightly lower.

Ooh.  :likes.(1)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:Bad, bad :!  I hereby banish you to the netherealms of mush hell, never to
be seen again!