 Castle / 27
Re: Hello at all Castle Lovers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:28:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Todd Lehman writes:
ObCastle:  What do y'all Castle fanatics think of the Star Wars torsos for
peasants and such?

Just on a side to that-- the hair for Padme and for Qui Gon are both plausible
for Castle theme people as well (the heads too)... And of course Luke's legs
from the landspeeder set look good too (wrapped legging)... But we still need
more peasants! MORE MORE MORE! I've got 4 kings, 7 witches, 4 wizards, a whole
slew of soldiers and knights, and only 1 'genuine' peasant!!! Grrrr....

Like we have said at NELUG meetings make the peasant King and the Kings
soldier and the Soldiers peasants.  :)  Makes for a much more realistic
distribution as long as you don't mind using a pitchfork for a septure and a
sword to shovel hay...

I have actually been noticing this problem in every theme except for Town +
Train.  Lots of White Collar very little Blue Collar.  For example if you were
to get all the Classic Star Wars Sets you would end up with...

5 Pilots for 3 Ships (Two of which are Luke)
1 Desert Luke (OK)
1 Jugle Luke (OK)
1 Old Obi Wan (OK)
1 Mechanic (More mechanics!!! This poor guy gets worked to the bone.  I
actually love this Fig I currently have 6 and need more)
1 Rebel Soldier (Hoth) (How do you wage a rebelion with 1 soldier and what
happens if you have to fight on a desert planet?)
1 Darth Vader (OK)
2 Scout Troopers (More Blue collar Imperials please)

I would love to get some Citizens + Female SW Figs.

I see the same problem in other themes as well.  Lots of Kings/Rulers quite a
few Solders but no subjects to rule/oppress.

I guess that citizenry is just not exciting enough for kids in TLG's oppinion.

Eric,

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/