 Castle / 13368
Re: Parents and Lego (was Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:03:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets writes:
My mom always gives me the "what for" looks when I am seen bringing in another
box of lego...or when another arrives....

(I finally decided to have all my foreign shipments come to my mailbox, at
least she can stop hounding me about them!!!) :)

Back in 11th grade, I snuck Lego out from the attic and secretly played with
it in my room. Not much of it, but enough to have some fun with. I hid it
from my friends & family so nobody would know...

One day, my mom came into my room, rather annoyed with me, insisting I clean
it up. She began stuffing things into arbitrary drawers, insisting as she
did so that I had plenty of empty drawer space to "put this mess into". I
tried in vain to shoo her out so she wouldn't happen upon the Lego. But I
was too late. She opened up a drawer, saw a box full of minifigs, and
stopped dead.

What should she think? I mean, your typical high school student's room. What
might you expect to find hiding in a drawer, purposefully away from parental
eyes? Condoms? Drugs? Playboys? Cigarettes? No-- Lego. Who ever saw that
coming? How the heck are you supposed to be mad at your 16 year old son
who's playing with Lego behind your back? What are you *supposed* to say to
that as a parent?

She looked at me, looked at the drawer, closed it, told me "...well... clean
this room up!", and walked out. Cherry red is a pretty red color. So is
cranberry red. But I don't think either of those colors adequately describes
the red that my face turned at that moment. In retrospect, though, I find it
absoloutely hilarious that such a wierd turn of events ever happened.

DaveE

Oh, FUT .people btw