 Castle / 13354
Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 20:07:44 GMT

Dave-
I would have made the gate house bigger, but found my piece supply exhausted.
(as well as my monetary one) Its on my to-do list :-)Its amaizing how asimple
thimg like stairs evaded my mind, thanks for pointing it out. I wanted to make
it so that the Black smith shop was openable from the outside, although I guess
there are ways of doing it the way you sugested. (and idea for further
exparimintation!!!)
Tajnks for Every ones comments, I really appreciate it!!!
Will, who has further plans for his castle.
Pros:
- Thick walls, very believable as realistic. Many Lego castles are built
with the castle wall pieces which has the effect of too many windows when
seen from the outside (IMHO), a resultant thin wall when viewed from above,
and also an 'overhang' for the top battlements, which probably shouldn't
exist to the extent it does on such walls
- Layout is good-- asymetric enough to not look TOO planned, yet symmetric
enough to be a plausible design. The keep looks great in scale.
- Interior design & detail is wonderful. Lots of touches that didn't need to
be there, but add a lot to the model.

Cons:
- The blacksmith shop doesn't really seem to fit... It seems to stick out a
bit too much. I'd recommend (though maybe not possible) pushing it into the
courtyard so that it's even with the exterior wall when viewed from the • outside.
- Missing stairs. One "quick fix" for this is adding ladders, which require
less rebuilding...
- For the rest of the castle, the actual gate seems a bit underdone.
Comparing the size of the keep and the rounded tower, the gate itself seems
really teeny. It also lacks chains/ropes to raise/lower the drawbridge.

Overall, though, a good castle!

DaveE